Silver laced Cochin Bantams

Our little SLs arrived. We'll see how they develop, they are hatchery bred so we'll have a ways to go on type. I'll have to find out if the lighter ones tend to have better lacing and I understood the darker ones tend to have less white later in development.

Our little SLs arrived. We'll see how they develop, they are hatchery bred so we'll have a ways to go on type. I'll have to find out if the lighter ones tend to have better lacing and I understood the darker ones tend to have less white later in development.

they are adorable....i just hatched some out 2 weeks ago, one was darker, and 2 were lighter...it will be interesting to see how they grow out

oh yeah! I wanted to mention that so far I have gotten gold laced chicks out of them and a few silver laced chicks. looks like both carry recessive gold! ooph!
if you are getting gold female chicks, that means the male is golden(S/s+) the pullet looks silver to me(S/-) females cant carry Silver and recessive gold at the same time.

they could also be recessive gold but carry a recessive diluter like Cream. but cream hens dont look silver

Last edited:
Ohh I just love the silver laced cochin bantams! I hatched out 3 a couple of month ago and this will be my first breeding project. I lucked out with 2 hens and 1 rooster, but I believe the rooster has willow legs so I really shouldn't use him for breeding. Type isn't looking the greatest so far, but is definately at a good start. The lacing seems fairly clean. I should be getting some more hatching eggs from a experienced breeder next month and I'm hoping to get a good pair or trio this fall. Here are 2 pictures of the babies as of 2 months ago. I'll have to take some pictures tonight. I hope to see other people's birds as well, so post some pictures! hahaha.

By the way, the dates on the pictures are WAY off.

Last edited:
I took some pictures of my 3 silver laced cochin bantams. I believe they are about 3 months old. Sorry about all the pictures, but I hope you enjoy them. If anyone else has silver laced cochins, please join in.

They are gorgeous. I have a pullet growing out, I will try and post some photos of her this week. I am very sad to report that my rooster of 3 years passed away last week, so I am going to have to find another before I can continue my project. The pullet however is amazing in her type and lacing.

They are gorgeous. I have a pullet growing out, I will try and post some photos of her this week. I am very sad to report that my rooster of 3 years passed away last week, so I am going to have to find another before I can continue my project. The pullet however is amazing in her type and lacing.
I can't wait to see pictures! And I'm sorry about your rooster.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom