Silver Laced Wyandotte - Pullet or Roo? -- June 13th- 8 WEEKS OLD- new photos

What am I?

• Pullet

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • Cockerel

Votes: 29 54.7%

• Total voters
Just on one final grab onto any hope, I have some breed of Wyandotte mix. Everyone so far has said 'roo'. Any possible way this one could be a pullet. (Very hopeful thinking). 9 weeks old.
[/IMG]

Looks like a cockerel to me. Might be a cross between golden laced and silver laced...

Thanks StarMeKritten. I feared that would be the opinion. And thanks for the breed thought. I've been struggling to find a breed that fits!

I would LOVE an opinion on my SLW; I bought 3 silver laced wyandotte chicks almost 3 weeks ago and I have two that look identical as far as the comb and one that has a bumpy, extended comb.

I have attached a photo, if you look at the two perched on the block, the one on the right has the extended bumpy comb. Roo or hen?

Hi Giannini, There's seems to be a lot of mixed information about SLWs feather color, etc indicating gender...and as with all pullets it seems to be quite the guessing game (unless you're a true veteran and can actually SEE them)! Mine are currently 17 weeks...SUPER red combs and waddles (but no squatting). These have been quite skittish but are beginning to "warm" to me and follow me around. SLWs have "rose combs" which are crazy interesting when you're used to plain old single ones! The first two photos are of one, 3rd is of another. Their feathers have turned out to be quite lovely but sure did take their time doing it! I just notice that we both live in Northern Nevada!
@Vickery. I know that's an old post, but I gotta say that your hens are BEAUTIFUL! I know that getting a couple of SLW hens are on my must-have list.

Back
Top Bottom