Silver Laced Wyandotte - Pullet or Roo? -- June 13th- 8 WEEKS OLD- new photos

What am I?

• Pullet

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • Cockerel

Votes: 29 54.7%

• Total voters
Pics
I have a slw supposed to be a hen and I'm hoping she/he's a hen because where I live I'm not alowed to have roosters. I only have a glw to compare them and they both have the same size comb/wattle but my slw has way longer tail feathers then the glw. And the glw is a little bit bigger. I would be so devastated if my slw was a roo cause she/he is the friendliest of the bunch I have.

This is Sybil (from the original post) at 4 months of age. Isn't she BEAUTIFUL?!
love.gif

She is lovely, congratulations. :) I'm a sucker for laced birds myself and I particularly like Wyandottes. I have golden-laced and have been eying silver-laced for a while - and now especially after seeing your pretty girl.

she is looking very much like a girl, mine is 8 weeks old as today 7/30/13 and it is exactly the same!! They are really beautiful breed, can't wait till she lays eggs :)

This gives me hope :p lol

I have almost 6 weeks old wyandotte bantams and one of them started to get a wattle and comb at around 4 weeks and couple days. THe other just started getting some red on the beak.
Because of the early development some think it are both roos because the other also has some red.

So I hope they are girls or just 1 roo, but not 2 roos :p

1 is smaller and just starts witgh the red discoloration, the other is whiter and bigger and already has a comb and a bit of wattle :p

This is what I think is a roo

and this maybe a girl

Their breed has a very flat wide comb btw

Last edited:
This one does not have a rose comb...that seems to be possibly what is throwing people's "judgement" off on the pullet/roo question I think. Vickery

These 8 week old chicks are supposed to be pullets ...but...as we all know sexing isn't always perfect in hatchery stock so...what do you all think? Thanks, Vickery

Update and continued assist requested on these two "birds"!!!
hmm.png
Still not sure if they're pullets...cause there are so many opinions on what SLW look like and how they develop. Both are presently 14 weeks old (spot on by my calculations). The first 3 photos are of "Flora", the second 2 are of "Bashful". They both have some pretty pointy neck frill but only Flora has a bit more happening on what I think are saddle feathers (curved down and a bit longer). But Flora's comb is less red! Ha...so confusing! Thanks for your votes!!! Vickery

What d'ya think????

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom