Silver Laced Wyandotte Sexing-7 weeks old

saraiquimby1

Songster
5 Years
Jul 26, 2014
Indiana
Help! What sex. All are about 7 weeks old.

Chick 1

Chick 2

Chick 3

Quote:
This is a rose comb and they don't get much bigger then this. You can't go by size of combs when your sexing, you go by color. You could have a pullet with a huge comb, but if it isn't pinking up before 6-8 weeks of age, than its a pullet. These are roosters. Just a little FYI :)

Last edited:
This is a pea comb and they doesn't get much bigger then this. You can't go by size of combs when your sexing, you go by color. You could have a pullet with a huge comb, but if it isn't pinking up before 6-8 weeks of age, than its a pullet. These are roosters. Just a little FYI :)
True - except that it is a rose comb.

AH! I'm so confused lol they are either all cockerels or all pullets lol I keep getting mixed answers. They all look almost identical so whatever they are i'm betting they are all the same sex lol. I'm so confused!

AH! I'm so confused lol they are either all cockerels or all pullets lol I keep getting mixed answers. They all look almost identical so whatever they are i'm betting they are all the same sex lol. I'm so confused!

Post more photos in a week or two. It's not unusual to get mixed responses. They do look like pullets to me though... And for what it's worth, I hatch and raise a lot of wyandottes. :)

Back
Top Bottom