Silver Laced Wyandotte sexing

Pics
It looks like you have a pair. Their lacing may improve a bit as they get older but I suspect they will have some incomplete lacing

StarMeKritten, As a new SLW chick owner, I would just like to say how much I appreciate all your work on this thread! It's taken me two evenings to read all the posts (starting back in 2010 I believe!) and I have learned so much, mostly from your posts. It is so nice to find such helpful, dedicated experts among the forums. Thank-you so much! You are awesome :)

StarMeKritten, As a new SLW chick owner, I would just like to say how much I appreciate all your work on this thread! It's taken me two evenings to read all the posts (starting back in 2010 I believe!) and I have learned so much, mostly from your posts. It is so nice to find such helpful, dedicated experts among the forums. Thank-you so much! You are awesome :)

I'd like to chirp in and say you couldn't have said that better!
I'm also a newbie to this thread and have learned much from @starMeKritten.
I also appreciate the time you put into commenting on here
1f60a.png

I'd like to chirp in and say you couldn't have said that better!
I'm also a newbie to this thread and have learned much from @starMeKritten.
I also appreciate the time you put into commenting on here
1f60a.png

Thank you both! You've put a smile on my face when I needed one. I've never had SLW so I've learned a lot here too. I've been breeding BLR wyandottes for a couple years now though and most of what I have learned can be applied to the other varieties. Sexing wyandottes was a nightmare for me at first and I'm happy to share what I have learned since then with others. :)

Does anyone know if this is a cockerel or pullet

How old?

The comb and wattles look pretty feminine but the splotchy pattern and incomplete lacing are throwing me off a bit. It's hard to be sure. Do you have any more photos? A nice clear, up close photo of the feathers on the back along with a profile view showing the full body and legs standing in a natural position would be very helpful.

How old?

The comb and wattles look pretty feminine but the splotchy pattern and incomplete lacing are throwing me off a bit. It's hard to be sure. Do you have any more photos? A nice clear, up close photo of the feathers on the back along with a profile view showing the full body and legs standing in a natural position would be very helpful.

He's a cockerel for sure.
Thanks again, StarMeKitten - I email Hoover's Hatchery because this is where my birds came from and she is certain this bird is a pullet...? I am just going to wait this out and see if in another 7 weeks or so, if "Bruce" lays an egg or starts to crow.

Back
Top Bottom