silver pheasants

bandbaustin

Crowing
13 Years
May 21, 2009
Valparaiso, IN
Does anyone keep trios of silver pheasants, I have two pairs and have a chance to buy two more females for $15 each. I was wondering if they do better in pairs or trios. Thank you

Thanks Tony, I was hoping that was the case. Needed to double check as one guy I deal with told me they are only good in pairs, but I suspected that was not the case.

ok so I put the hens in with the two silver pairs, one is fine but in the other pen the current hen is pecking on and bullying the new hen that was introduced. Is this normal for her to be so mean to a new pen mate. I threw an extra red golden male I had and a guinea in with them and she was not phased by them. Just curious if she will stop?

When introducing new birds you need to put all birds into a new pen.The birds that are in that pen have dominated that pen and any new birds will be attacked.
In N.H.,Tony.

I have a trio of silvers-- they get along ok but they were raised together since babies. Usually you have to keep a wary eye on the females, especially at breeding time as they will kill one another. I am probably going to sell my trio but haven't decided yet. I'd like to get them used to walking around the yard but have a feeling they will just take off. I hate to clip their wings just to keep them around.

Tony is right about putting them all in a new pen at the same time.
But something that usually works for me is to cut some small cedars
or other evergreens bushes and put in the pen . Change the pen
around to make it look like a new pen . And put the new birds in
at the same time

Back
Top Bottom