Silverudd's Blue

Pics
And the hatch of SB's from 2 days ago. 1 was camera shy. 9 hatched out of the ten that made it to lockdown out of 12 eggs.

View attachment 2034450
Reading about your SB eggs in the Feb hatchalong got me really excited for my SB eggs to hatch. 5/7 of my SB eggs hatched. That makes them 2 weeks old. I ended up with 4 blues and 1 splash. I'll have to post some pics. I remember you said you got your some different sources. Do you mind saying who you got your eggs from? And what lines of imports they're from?

I'm just learned about such things (lines, imports). The eggs I had came in an assorted purebred lot from Foxfire Farms in ID. I bought a 30 egg lot on eBay. These SB eggs were included in that. They were such beautiful eggs and the most she sent of any one breed. When they hatched the chicks were incredibly robust right out of the egg. I was impressed. Which brought me to this thread. Depending on how they grow out I might be looking to grow my little flock.

Reading about your SB eggs in the Feb hatchalong got me really excited for my SB eggs to hatch. 5/7 of my SB eggs hatched. That makes them 2 weeks old. I ended up with 4 blues and 1 splash. I'll have to post some pics. I remember you said you got your some different sources. Do you mind saying who you got your eggs from? And what lines of imports they're from?

I have bought from Foxfire Farms, a gentleman in northern California and Greenfire Farms 2nd import

Hi! I just hatched out my first Silverudd’s Blue on November 27th so they are three weeks today! I have 2 blues and 4 splash(actually one is a light silver color with darker blue splashes- would that be splash or a poor quality blue??) I’m going to try to attach pics. Is three weeks too young to make a guess on gender? The first pic is my daughters favorite so we are hopping a girl but not sure!
Splash roo or pullet?
View attachment 1983795This blue a roo??View attachment 1983796this blue a pullet?View attachment 1983797this is the chick I’m not sure about color? My guess on gender is roo?View attachment 1983801this splash a pullet? She is just now getting a few blue splash feathers coming in, but it’s not much View attachment 1983805And last this splash that I’m leaning a little more towards roo but not sureView attachment 1983807Thanks in advance for any guesses on their gender or color!!
Oh and I should mention that they are from second import birds- which I thought was better (health wise) until I started reading these threads and found out I like the look of the first import birds more, oh well, now it’ll give me a reason to hatch some more eggs!!

I tried looking for what these ended up being and couldn’t find it. Can you let us know! 😃

I tried looking for what these ended up being and couldn’t find it. Can you let us know! 😃
:D Yeah I never ended up posting what they were- life got busy lol. I ended up with 2 pullets
(a blue and a splash) ADDCED54-C2C8-408C-9270-3A477BB0071B.jpeg 355AF931-E946-4ACF-8B9D-F13B0221A9DD.jpeg
Then the other 4 were roosters- 1 blue and 3 splash. The splash pullet was the one that as a chick had almost no blue splashes she was pretty much just white but her color came in slowly and now I think she’s beautiful. So it ended up being pretty easy to tell the males and females apart from a very young age. I love my 2 girls and the splash should be laying here soon, they both have dark eyes and are so cute. I’m not crazy about the splash Roos- they all have lighter eyes then I wanted and the blue roo has a spur on his comb so I’m not sure I want to use him for breeding- but they are all pretty sweet. I am trying to find some first imports to hatch now

:celebrateok so I’m so excited I just have to share-my blue Silverudd pullet just laid her first egg!!! And she’s just over 5 months old. It’s a beautiful olive with brown speckles!
F2B0C104-0985-45F9-81D1-63FD3981CB6E.jpeg

07E51FB2-CBEB-4F42-B227-223116B295F9.jpeg

Though she laid it behind a wall in the most inconvenient spot lol and her splash sister that I thought would lay first is off making a cozy nest for herself, so hopefully I’ll be getting 2 beautiful green eggs soon!

:celebrateok so I’m so excited I just have to share-my blue Silverudd pullet just laid her first egg!!! And she’s just over 5 months old. It’s a beautiful olive with brown speckles!View attachment 2115480
View attachment 2115481
Though she laid it behind a wall in the most inconvenient spot lol and her splash sister that I thought would lay first is off making a cozy nest for herself, so hopefully I’ll be getting 2 beautiful green eggs soon!
Gorgeous!

:wee
ok I just went out and my Splash pullet was walking away from her nest....
15B5AE36-8878-4657-9CC1-4DF17274FE09.jpeg

my girls both laid their first egg on the same day! This one is smaller and a darker color more brown tones I think- here they are together
82CB19F3-7993-4ABC-A5CF-3DEB099E15CA.jpeg

But it’s hard to get a get pic that really shows how beautiful they are- so much prettier in person!

Back
Top Bottom