Silverudd's Blue

Pics
My SB eggs. Loving the ones that are minty green with white speckles
39703481-FFD8-4BE9-B459-F4C8DA39135A.jpeg

The one
So added 6, 4 week old SB chicks to the bigger pen today. I have one 8 week old SB along with a painted silkie in that pen. Little buggers would just not stay still long enough for me to snap pics. but I did get a pic with four of them. In love with the pattern on the blue who mom named owley because of the eye pattern when hatched. (Head down in the pic)
View attachment 2025044
the one eating from the feeder (black & white) does not look like a SB. Wrong colors and wrong color legs/ beak.

My SB eggs. Loving the ones that are minty green with white speckles
:thumbsup Oh yeah, that reminds me -- not only can each one look distinct...BBS - but each can have a varied egg. One reason I really like that is because I like knowing exactly who produced which eggs.
Your eggs are beautiful. I think my favorites were green with brownish specks.
:wee

The one

the one eating from the feeder (black & white) does not look like a SB. Wrong colors and wrong color legs/ beak.
Sadly, due to a mutant skunk attack (Sucker when standing on its hind legs was over 3ft tall, sprayed them. and when it did that, they all dropped over dead. Caught it on the trail cam. while ti was able to get into the building, it was unable to get into the pen, not that it matters when it uses it's spray as a weapon like it did.

Just gonna post this here instead of making a thread.
Ordered my first Silverudd from Green fire farms and while I wasn’t displeased with the service. The birds colors are not what I was wanting and thought they should be as previous poster also seem to mention. From the six green fire birds I got 4 would be considered culls by the above chart. The other two just acceptable.
Wabi Sabi acres sells first imports only. They were a pleasure to do business with and while the chicks I have gotten from them are still just fuzz balls and could surprise me they seem to be more inline with what I was expecting and the above chart states as preferred. When the small ones feather out I will post a comparison.
They also have the option to order pullets at an eighty percent guarantee. In other words you pay for a pullet and get a cockerel you get 80% of your money refunded. My birds were hatched June 14 so still unsure if all 6 are female as ordered but I got 4 Roos from straight run GFF order. I thought it was worth a shot with the guarantee.
Sorry I got long winded just was excited about my newest additions and thought I’d share.

Back
Top Bottom