Silverudd's Blue

The back of the comb is a sprig not a spur. It’s a genetic defect and hereditary. Most consider it a cull from the breeding program. I learned about them today, and thought I’d share with the group! Sorry for the bad news.
Thank you for sharing and clearing up the whole sprig vs spur for me, I was pretty sure it was hereditary so that’s why I haven’t tried breeding them yet. Sadly it means I don’t have anything to work with:barnieI guess I’ve got to find more eggs to hatch or chicks to buy.... any suggestions??:)

Thank you for sharing and clearing up the whole sprig vs spur for me, I was pretty sure it was hereditary so that’s why I haven’t tried breeding them yet. Sadly it means I don’t have anything to work with:barnieI guess I’ve got to find more eggs to hatch or chicks to buy.... any suggestions??:)
There is a Silverudd’s Blue Facebook page where you can ask for some local cockerels and save some time.

Didn't know there was a Silverudd's Blue thread. My pullets just started laying this week. :loveI'm in Florida and have blue and splash.
32541B27-339B-4D9E-9880-DB26C946D361.jpeg

If you were in Florida, I have a slew of 9 week olds that need to find good homes.
6D290614-1975-4CF7-A535-398350FAEBFF.jpeg
Correct eye color and leg color. Blue and splash. The splash may get some leakage as they get older.

If you were in Florida, I have a slew of 9 week olds that need to find good homes. View attachment 2368930 Correct eye color and leg color. Blue and splash. The splash may get some leakage as they get older.
She’s very pretty! But I’m in MI, so sadly that won’t work :D
My first Silverudds were from eggs I hatched from FL though- and I love my hens, I just can’t seem to get good roosters:idunno

Back
Top Bottom