Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Working on this, this morning. Gonna need it.

Got a busy day ahead. Got to go to the courthouse. Register my new car. And if the rain ever quits I found a leak in the coop so I have to get it fixed. I don't think the plastic I put up there yesterday will last long with our winds. I did change the chickies food as well yesterday to all flock grower now that they are all 10 weeks. I got a few that are already practicing their squats so now the egg wait begins.

I am not getting enough eggs, and I keep looking at my chicks.... I am close to screaming "LAY ALREADY!!" But, 20 weeks isn't for another two months.
hit.gif

I do not have any at point of lay yet and the older hens are starting to molt!

Feathers every where and of course two broodies that are not laying. I am still getting some eggs though.

I am not getting enough eggs, and I keep looking at my chicks.... I am close to screaming "LAY ALREADY!!" But, 20 weeks isn't for another two months. :hit

I do not have any at point of lay yet and the older hens are starting to molt!

Feathers every where and of course two broodies that are not laying. I am still getting some eggs though.

Yep, I am getting some... But not enough for me to eat any! :mad: (I sell them)

Thank you Teachick
hugs.gif
(and everyone else too!)
Nothing new except there was a little improvement in her eyes but the vet is still concerned about the inflamation and developing into glaucoma and leaving her permanently blind so she upped the eyedrops to prednesone. She should be on steroids but we can't until we know for sure whether on not for sure on the blastomycosis. Steroids actually can increase it. So it's still a waiting game. The results on the Blast test won't be back till Friday and we have another appointment then. No idea where we go from there yet if it's negative.

There is some good news like she is seeing a bit better, the pressure in her eyes hasn't went up and the mass on the side of her head shrunk a bit. Her fever is also down a couple points and tho she still tires way too easy she does seem to be feeling better and and back to more of her happy little self, even played a bit in the yard - tho she kept giving the vet tech the stink eye!
lau.gif

We still have no clue what we are dealing with and whether it's a game ender or one we can win so I am super grateful for any small victory.

Many
hugs.gif
!!!
Please keep on keeping us updated. =)

This round are all barnyard bany mixes from a co-workers birds. Friday I have 44 eggs due with silkie, White face black Spanish, Phoenix LF, Buttercup banty, and a few more barnyard banties. Then I have 3 orp mixes due Monday. They were shipped and not sure if they will make it or not. Shells are dark and I can't see very well.

Hope all of yours hatch out!!!
I have barnyard mixes in the incubator right now. =)

Most of the voters tend to think it does.
lau.gif

I am not getting enough eggs, and I keep looking at my chicks.... I am close to screaming "LAY ALREADY!!" But, 20 weeks isn't for another two months.
hit.gif

My late January hatch isn't laying yet; well, one is, but she's still laying mini eggs. I hope they get larger, but they're Bantam sized.

Yep, I am getting some... But not enough for me to eat any!
somad.gif
(I sell them)

We eat first and sell leftovers. Well, we start w/ mine and DH's b-fast, then boil a dozen a week for DH, then baking (less than half a dozen a week, average), then the Sunday morning family b-fast, then the kids' lunches....Maybe, if there are any left after that, we'd sell them (if I don't put them in the incubator first).
hide.gif

I just want one. That's all one... the 2 pol that o have are new and adjusting as well as started molting....
somad.gif

The rest are to young.
hugs.gif
Hope they start laying for you soon.

My late January hatch isn't laying yet; well, one is, but she's still laying mini eggs.  I hope they get larger, but they're Bantam sized.

I have 3 Australorp pullets that were 24 weeks old yesterday. We have been getting pullet eggs for several days. We got 2 yesterday. Our 7 yearlings are only laying 2 to 4 eggs/day.

Last edited:
I have 3 Australorp pullets that were 24 weeks old yesterday. We have been getting pullet eggs for several days. We got 2 yesterday. Our 7 yearlings are only laying 2 to 4 eggs/day.

Oh, yeah. I didn't get my first pullet's first eggs last year, so I don't know how long it might take for them to get larger. My first chicks were sex-links; IDK whether they ever laid anything this small.
My 5 yearlings (from last March, so 17 mos old) are laying almost every day; they kind of skip when the weather gets up around 100+. The Leghorn is more sensitive than the Comets. Otherwise, I get at least 5 a week each from the five of them.

Back
Top Bottom