Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Something to ponder with your Sunday morning cup o' Joe.
10258558_10154366161370010_4446178668607085082_n.png
:thumbsup

blah.. I want more coffee.... but with "stuff" added
big_smile.png

It has been a blah day... all of these blasted quail with hatching issues... because of my messed up dates and way too soon high humidity and no turning.

I am up to 8, I think good quail... MOST of them have little "shoes" on. The high humidity did a number on their feet.

I have 2 more that couldn't hatch... one had so much pep, even after loosing a decent amount of blood.
roll.png
I think that one will make it, it is now trying to get the rest of the way out of the shell.
fl.gif
I will wait another hour and then check again... if it makes it out, it will probably need "shoes" too. -sigh-

the last one still in an egg, just does NOT have that much pep. It is as always a bit sad with these sorts of things. I would so prefer the little things would either be perfect or just die. This in between stuff is a bit too heart wrenching. So, he is also totally out of position, and stuck in the egg just way too long, but he too just wouldn't get all of his blood vessels dried up.. I think because being a bit too big, and being in the wrong position, there just isn't enough wiggling to get the blood to dry up like it should. Anyway, just
sickbyc.gif
So, I helped him as much as I safely could, and popped him back into the incubator... I do not think that he is going to get it together enough to push himself out of the shell.... so I am hoping he passes quickly.

I will never again trust a blasted bleepedy bleep app to do the calculations for me.

hit.gif

My surviving babies. I had to assist all but one. The last one I got impatient and made it bleed; it was 10 hours before the blood drew up and it was ready to hatch. Poor thing was puny all night and I wasn't sure it would make it, but doing fine now. All four just stand around looking at each other. I guess they're intellectuals, totally the opposite of the last rowdy chicks I hatched.

@Alaskan I feel the same way. I don't like having to decide what lives or doesn't.

My surviving babies. I had to assist all but one. The last one I got impatient and made it bleed; it was 10 hours before the blood drew up and it was ready to hatch. Poor thing was puny all night and I wasn't sure it would make it, but doing fine now. All four just stand around looking at each other. I guess they're intellectuals, totally the opposite of the last rowdy chicks I hatched.

@Alaskan I feel the same way. I don't like having to decide what lives or doesn't.

horridly disappointing I am sure, but 4 is a good number. It looks like you got 2 of each color with is nice.
big_smile.png
And 4 is a big enough number that they will be able to keep each other warm and not get lonely.

cute picture!

horridly disappointing I am sure, but 4 is a good number.  It looks like you got 2 of each color with is nice.  :D    And 4 is a big enough number that they will be able to keep each other warm and not get lonely.

cute picture! 

Their colors are so strange, because genetics are weird I guess? All four have the same speckled sussex dad. The one on the far left is from an australorp. The two in the middle are both from the same French black copper marans. And the last one, on the right, is pure speckled sussex. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't watched them hatch.

such a dang cute basket for chick pix....

I love chipmunk chicks too. don't care what breed.

deb

Alaskan
hugs.gif
. So sorry for your troubles. I am the same way, I either want them to pop out, or die early in the shell. Those that make it to the end and then don't pop just break my heart.

Cute chickies campingshaws!
jumpy.gif

@ chickadoodles - I don't think there is any way to totally stop the spread of AI. I think it just has to run it's course and the surviving birds build an immunity. Unfortunatly there will be losses, commercial and backyard.
sad.png

Good morning just got my first cuppa coffee and saw I have one of my turkey crosses hatching!
yesss.gif

Puddin I guess I know that but would prefer to think that maybe it will just go away...
roll.png

campingshaws your chicks are adorable and love the basket!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom