Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

10933916_10203913808220919_4515747896695855935_n.jpg

AND COFFEE
cool.png

10933916_10203913808220919_4515747896695855935_n.jpg

AND COFFEE
cool.png
Thanks for the laugh this morning... I just got up .... so am reading my messages while my eyes get focused for the day. Coffee toddy Today... Thanks DS... I bought linnens and PJs and know where the camera is. I have a big laundry basket which is fabric and should contain all my purchases to get em to the house. Long story but there is no tail gate on my truck and the cab is packed with Project paraphanailia I have gathered over time. So anything hauled has to go in the truck bed and get tied down....

One of my projects for up there is to draw up plans for a set of stairs and a landing for the laundry room.... Right now I cannot climb the stairs either up or down.... NOT walker friendly. I have to go out the front door out the gate and around to the carport to get into the laundry room.

Other than that I just want to get the bed made and hang up my PJs. and Clean house. Its amazing how dirty a house gets when there is no one living there for a good two years.

deb

I did my taxes and now I am trying a new method of keeping up with those expenses. I am using excel and entering each category and date so I can use auto sum for my totals to take next year.
I may go get the neat scanner that scans the receipts and enters them in the category you choose.
I don't like adding all these envelopes full of receipts..

I have been trying to get over some kind of flu I think. DH has had it for over a month and now I am on my second week. Every time I think I feel better I am back in bed again. UGH

Back from the house.... I couldn't make myself stay the night. Too much to make it comfortable for me...

The cats trashed the bed so I need a new mattress cover I wouldn't put clean sheets on what was there. I may throw the mattress out.... It was an inexpensive memory foam mattress from Walmart. They are four inches thick to start but grow a little more after they acclimatize. VERY comfy This one was my roommates and she never turned it... So that and the ikk factor and the fact I have no couch .... I need a new mattress..

Then there is the whole deal of no Television... The two I have there right now dont work. But I need to watch a video to get to sleep.

Oh I can get to sleep with out but its a fretful night.

First thing I saw when I got there is the Rain gutter is coming off the house again.... a quarter of it was laying ontop of a wall. Then the patio where the goats fell through... the facia board has come off now the front of the patio is swouping down. I knew I would have to replace it eventually but this is showing me the whole Pergola needs to come down.... rotted wood they dry rot kind. Bad framing too.

MY driveway is beginnning to look like a weedy meadow... AND the whole place needs a good weed whacking... front yard entry yard Court Yard back yard and "the area where I want to build the new coop" YARD

Horse ignored me... sigh... I deserve it.

But I got in got the supplies in didnt measure for the landing... but I suspect something about four by six will do... space wise. Hey Wait thats the size of my stall matts... Hmmmm.

Any hoo I got my mail... Probably about two months worth... on the way into town for an early dinner or late lunch. The Restaurant is in Jacumba Hot Springs Hotel. They have a new chef and I was impressed with the menu. Last time i was there they had just remodeled and reopened and their Chef then.... not so good. I never went back.

So had a Cobb Salad for dinner and a Guiness for dessert.

Couldnt make myself go home to settle in for the night. But I will be back this week because I left the door unlocked
th.gif
I need to go to the pawn shop and get a kick*ss vacuum cleaner. I found rat evidence..... Once I get the Orafices dealt with out comes the warfarin... I lived in a rat infested house once.... NEVER again.

So next when I go up Warfarin, 1/4 inch hardware cloth, and a temporary Mattress pad. I have a dog door that goes into the sliding glass door frame that needs to come out.... Rat entry. The Cats (no longer with me) dug out the insulation under the Water heater. Its on a three by three framed box... Thats getting the stuffin stuffed back in and hardware cloth fastened around the bottom. There are a couple of holes in the floor One in the kitchen one in the Utility room and one in the wall by the only bedroom. I pulled heater vent covers in order to replace them with some fresh looking covers... never got done... Old ones not replaced... my fault.. So Hardware cloth over those temporarily till I can FIND said new covers

The one in the kitchen is the down vent from the old heater I took out. The hole in the floor is about two feet square... I need to cut a piece of plywood and seal that off. The hole in the utility room seems to be a drain hole for a washing machine. The plumbing stubs for the fawcet are above but they have been capped. I can probably cap that with the lid off a soup can... Oh and there is one vent in the ceiling... might as well cap that with some wood or drywall. that was for the original AC vent.

I took pictures but not the best. I missed the flower bloom up there. There are only a few daisy looking flowers and a few belly flowers... not wall to wall like it usually is.

I will post pix tomorrow or after my nap.

Oh and I saw my first Black tailed Jack Rabbit this year. Looked to be a young one under a year.... only about seven or eight pounds and about two thirds the size I have seen them before. They get long legged and max out at about twelve pounds.

And a Teeny eensy grass hopper landed between my feet when I got out of the car... Green and khaki camoflauge... I love grass hoppers ... went to grab my camera and he had places to go things to do.... I heard him land about six feet away. There was a male quail singing his song that sounded so much like a Rooster... I had to listen till he was done. Far off I could hear what sounded like a dog begging for something an Ummm Ummm Umm sound... Roadrunner.

That's the beauty of the desert. If you really listen there is a cacophony of sound amidst the silence.

deb

Back
Top Bottom