Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

I will have to really do some digging for that one. Wait who had the digging Dog???
clap.gif

In '68 iwas a kid in Detroit burbs watching it on TV and hearing about on CKLW. Do you remember that station chicki?

Ex had that surgery - 3 days later he was out trying to dig holes for fence posts. :th  :barnie Guys are stubborn. (Putting it PC) ​

And ETA - Nifty sent me one too. Nice guy that Nifty! Thanks from me too. :thumbsup

morning CW!
honestly not sure.  I actually lived in a small lake town west of Pontiac.  I was right in the middle of the city visiting my grandmother.  Fortunately we were on the fifth floor of a large brick apartment building with a locked lobby.  It WAS a quiet neighborhood before the riots.  We watched them breaking out the fronts of stores that were on the first floors of some of the apartment buildings across the street and you could hear gunfire at My e end of the block.  Later we could smell the smoke from the burning.  Don't remember what channel we were watching but we saw what was going on just blocks away and later saw that they looted and burnt right up to the end of our block to the west.  I still remember we were on Peterboro street.  As soon as the dust settled (literally) my uncle moved my grandmother to Milwaukee (where she lived as a young woman).

My mom and grandparents and great grandparents lived in Milwaukee and the area when my mom was young. My grandparents moved to Detroit area then for auto industry and my great grandma moved to Iron Mountain. Lol. Who knows maybe they were neighbors of your grandmother.

Yeah Cheese! My daughter and I would starve without it. It is certainly a food staple in our home.

So glad I have never had to live through a riot.

Funny story about the baby bird. We had to get a hamster out of an air conditioning duct once.
th.gif
That was a challenge.

Coffee is good. Hubby brought me breakfast to the computer. Did farm chores and weeding yesterday. Helping the downtown beautification ladies with gardening today.

Here's one for you: I overheard some local farm folks talking chickens and they were talking about setting eggs to hatch and the woman said she had to sort the eggs carefully as they had been hatching too many roos. She said she was taking out the pointy ones because those were the male eggs.
idunno.gif
ANYONE ever heard that one before?

I have heard it. But... I do not have fertilized eggs -and I still get pointy eggs.

I think it is the chicken plumbing that makes a pointy egg. But I don't know.
The older I get the less I know.

I always thought it was the chicken's plumbing as well but this lady was swearing by it. Who knows. It would be interesting to see if anyone has done a study on it. I wouldn't think the two would correlate but who knows.

Unless... You know how some families have five boys and no girls and vice versa?
I assume the woman has some difference in her system that inhibits the X's or the Y's from reaching their goal. Maybe she runs alkaline or acidic?
Maybe the plumbing for pointy eggs is not X friendly.
Maybe their nurse cells are nicer to the boys.

Yeah Cheese! My daughter and I would starve without it. It is certainly a food staple in our home.

So glad I have never had to live through a riot.

Funny story about the baby bird. We had to get a hamster out of an air conditioning duct once.
th.gif
That was a challenge.

Coffee is good. Hubby brought me breakfast to the computer. Did farm chores and weeding yesterday. Helping the downtown beautification ladies with gardening today.

Here's one for you: I overheard some local farm folks talking chickens and they were talking about setting eggs to hatch and the woman said she had to sort the eggs carefully as they had been hatching too many roos. She said she was taking out the pointy ones because those were the male eggs.
idunno.gif
ANYONE ever heard that one before?

Egg shape and gender is an old wives tale. I have gone more deeply into the reasons why this does not work, but the biggest reason is that the Hen's ovum determines gender. It is set at fertilization which is much before the egg shell is formed. Acidity, and other factors will make no difference.

This has all been proven by poultry studies too. Hatcheries would love to find something that would easily figure out gender. The newest is a laser test at three days of incubation.

Good fresh morning everyone!

A bit crispy this morning until the frost melts but it feels good after getting into the 60's yesterday.
Ok, so this isn't a chicken joke but I thought it was cute for your morning smile.
Have a blessed day everyone! (Alaskan, I hope your pond melts soon, ours already has!!!)

10923337_10152724950743925_95763757561619024_n.jpg

Good fresh morning everyone!

A bit crispy this morning until the frost melts but it feels good after getting into the 60's yesterday.
Ok, so this isn't a chicken joke but I thought it was cute for your morning smile.
Have a blessed day everyone! (Alaskan, I hope your pond melts soon, ours already has!!!)

Thanks for asking about my pond.

This was taken on Tuesday..... yesterday there was no ice at all. I also saw the Sandhill Cranes this week.
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom