Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Morning everyone! Well our storms are finally over (at least until later today, sigh) and our power is holding. Only minor damage from my lack of quick response but no electronics fried (I have good surge protection on all the important stuff, aka my "toys" and the satellite. Maybe I should put them on the freezer etc.). Cranky broody is still broody this morning tho I can take her off the nest pretty easy then she goes squacking and flapping to eat and drink, and she came off by herself for a while before dark yesterday. still hoping to either get her something to sit on or some chicks. If I can't by the end of the week I will start breaking her this weekend. Love the new baby pics!!!:love Hope the fires out west are getting under control, hope none of my chickie friends on the east coast got hit by last night's storms :oops: I am involved with a class teaching pet (canine) CPR tonight at the county seat. We have a good advance registration and hoping for some walk-ins. Should be a fun time. Maybe someone there will have chicks or eggs!!! :fl Have a great week all!
Glad the storms are over! I always wanted to bring my dog to one of those classes, but she passed away :(

frow.gif
Hello Everyone!

I wanted to drop in and say how much I've been missing everyone on here and BYC!!!
My mom was very ill in a nursing home and passed away last month. There were issues of neglect and abuse.
She had two fractured vertebrae and had surgery but it was just too much for her.
As always spring and summer are so busy, but with mom being 2 hours away it really took a lot of energy and time.
This weekend we are having her memorial and I really hope to be back here on a regular daily basis again!
in keeping with the thread here's my meager offering for the day:

Can't wait to get caught up with all of the news and fun posts!

frow.gif
Hello Everyone!

I wanted to drop in and say how much I've been missing everyone on here and BYC!!!
My mom was very ill in a nursing home and passed away last month. There were issues of neglect and abuse.
She had two fractured vertebrae and had surgery but it was just too much for her.
As always spring and summer are so busy, but with mom being 2 hours away it really took a lot of energy and time.
This weekend we are having her memorial and I really hope to be back here on a regular daily basis again!

hugs.gif

My condolences on the loss of your mother.

Welcome back to BYC!

Last edited:
:frow Hello Everyone!

I am sorry for your loss

frow.gif
Hello Everyone!

Oh Chicki....
hugs.gif

deb

:frow Hello Everyone!

I'm so sorry for your lost, my dad died two years ago, I know how it feels :hugs

if then and or nor? I loved it so did my son Last time I took it was in the seventies my son took it recently

Mine was in conjunction with a Boolean Algebra...

whacha havin trouble with

I'm not having trouble, it's just irritating b/c we're inevitably talking about things that could go either way. I think I was complaining b/c I had just finished answering Socratic questions about a case and I'm a little nervous that my instructor won't necessarily appreciate some of my answers.

Hmmm, is that a compliment?
Oddly enough, my dad does. Go figure.

Is what a complaint?

Teachick,
Thank you. I have had the pleasure of helping both of my parents these last 5 years, I have also been the only kid that hung around. I love it and I love them. I miss mom, it was hard at times, I am very glad I got to have the time with them.

YW. I know what that's like. I've watched my mom's parents take care of both sets of their parents and now they're taking care of her again (she has MS and is in a nursing home). It's not easy, but it's always worth it.
I'm pretty much the only responsible child my mom has, so her care is going to fall to me as my g-parents get older.

Awww, thank you for wanting to help anyway
hugs.gif

Boy, sounds like your ladies are pretty spoiled if they can get away with giving that much chicken lip!!!
tongue.png

I hope your broody stays with the program and gets the job done.
fl.gif

Deb - that long, really???? I have GOT to get some eggs under her somehow!!!

Never made the roadtrip. We got hit by a storm that knocked out our power for several hours. Fortunately there was a power truck on it's way north (where the really bad stuff hit) and it fixed the power outage in our area on the way through. Lots of other folks are still out of power and probably will be till morning because another larger line of storms swept across the state a while ago and hit several bigger towns hard and they always send the trucks to them first (all we got this time was a lot of rain). Guess they figure us country folk can handle it better than city folks, and they're right
wink.png

YW.
hugs.gif

Yeah, don't tell DH about that conversation. He doesn't believe in discussing these things with them. lol

She staying with the program. I'm concerned about the eggs at this point. If she doesn't have chicks in there by Fri, I'm candling and probably kicking her out into the yard. Beyond that, if she decides to set anyway (on nothing), then I'll stick whatever Comet eggs I have under her. I don't want more Comet mutt chicks, but I want her to have the babies she's worked so hard for.

Oh, no! I'm sorry to hear about your power! Don't get me started on the power company fixing the lines and all. We got a storm (nothing compared to what they get up in the Midwest, but we get spring storms every year). Anyway, every little breeze knocks out our power the past few weeks and we're sure the power company must be using bubble gum and shoe strings to "fix" it. The other night, the power was knocked out at about 6, and they said it'd be back on by 10, then almost 11, then at 11, they changed it to 2, then at a quarter to 2, they changed it to 3:45. Ugh!!! I'm so irritated at them! They don't fix my power right, it goes out at the drop of a hat, and then they have the nerve to raise the rates on us!?!?!?!?!
somad.gif
rant.gif

These are a few of my coffee cups...we started displaying them because they don't fit in the cabinet... I have some that are to small to drink coffee out of

That's cool!
I like Snoopy!!!

lau.gif

Probably a.

When people ask my kids what I like to drink they tell them... Coffee. It's funny when the kids get asked again, " no, I mean what alcohol does she like... Coffee!!!!
Most of mine have come from places I've been. Some from friends.
yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom