Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

morning everyone!
caf.gif

@3goodeggs - I'm up and running on 10. It just took me a total of 12 hours to get there!!!! I do have to say I am still ironing out a compatibility glitch or two (really expected more) but overall so far I am happy. I absolutely HATED 8.1!!! I had great fallbacks tho if it got messy. My laptop is still running 7 and I have my Kindle too.
From your mouth to God's ear, as they say, eh??? No more tumbles!!!

Thanks Alaskan
big_smile.png
I will have to look up Dominiques, I really know very little about them. EE's are a thought but I would think a heavier breed would tolerate our cold a bit better.
BTW- Have you checked out the El Nino predictions for us for this winter? Looks like here we may be getting a break if they are correct. If I caught it right, doesn't look so bad for you either.

Hi Perchie! So glad you got the rain, so sorry for the flooding. Your property is above it tho, right? How's the lifestyle change going? I kind of lost track of goings on this past several weeks. My new Dr. has me going to, learning, adjusting so much stuff I'm having trouble keeping track of anything! If it weren't for my chooks to go focus on when it gets too bad I would just go bonkers !!!

morning everyone!
caf.gif

@3goodeggs - I'm up and running on 10. It just took me a total of 12 hours to get there!!!! I do have to say I am still ironing out a compatibility glitch or two (really expected more) but overall so far I am happy. I absolutely HATED 8.1!!! I had great fallbacks tho if it got messy. My laptop is still running 7 and I have my Kindle too.
From your mouth to God's ear, as they say, eh??? No more tumbles!!!

Thanks Alaskan
big_smile.png
I will have to look up Dominiques, I really know very little about them. EE's are a thought but I would think a heavier breed would tolerate our cold a bit better.
BTW- Have you checked out the El Nino predictions for us for this winter? Looks like here we may be getting a break if they are correct. If I caught it right, doesn't look so bad for you either.

Hi Perchie! So glad you got the rain, so sorry for the flooding. Your property is above it tho, right? How's the lifestyle change going? I kind of lost track of goings on this past several weeks. My new Dr. has me going to, learning, adjusting so much stuff I'm having trouble keeping track of anything! If it weren't for my chooks to go focus on when it gets too bad I would just go bonkers !!!

Flooding here is mostly street flooding drainage system isnt set up for alot of water... My house is three thousand feet above it all.... LOL.

Here is a picture of my road at my house after a cloud burst this happens every time.

Yep my road is a very very flat streambed.

But the water is gone as quickly as the rain even the teeny triclkes left over sink in in about an hour.

deb

Awesome photo deb!

And chickisoup, yep.... Supposedly we are supposed to get another non-winter up here.

I love the idea of not gaving to plow and shovel for hour a day.... But my well is starting to have issues.... Two years of very littke snow.

Sigh.

El Nino is suppose to increase rain for the southern part of the Country, and up the East Coast. Where I live in California, it is predicted to be hit and miss for rain, but we should have some odd weather--both higher and lower temperatures, winds and in general un settled patterns.

The hope is that the Sierra Nevadas will get a lot of Snow this Winter.
fl.gif

You forget, the same people that are "predicting" the weather, also were giving dire warnings and weather alerts of severe thunderstorms and 100% chance of rain here. It got a little cloudy and nary a drop of rain. It must be nice to be wrong so many times and still get paid. Let alone heeded. I deleted the weather channel link as I can predict the days weather almost as well by looking outside in the morning and noticing how much my knee aches.
big_smile.png

You forget, the same people that are "predicting" the weather, also were giving dire warnings and weather alerts of severe thunderstorms and 100% chance of rain here. It got a little cloudy and nary a drop of rain. It must be nice to be wrong so many times and still get paid. Let alone heeded. I deleted the weather channel link as I can predict the days weather almost as well by looking outside in the morning and noticing how much my knee aches.
big_smile.png
They are not even predicting weather--just trends and averages. This is what is expected:

Woodland is up north in California, right at the green line.

I use the Rock test to forecast the weather!

If rock is wet... It's raining.
If rock has cold white stuff on it... It is snowing.
If light shining on rock... Sun is shining.
If rock is kinda dark... Cloudy day.

You get the idea...

Back
Top Bottom