Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

That looks very toasty.
big_smile.png
Why thank you!

Last time I had issues with my wood stove I stripped it taking the fire bricks out of the bottom and cleaned out all the dust between them with a vacuum. Made a BIG difference.

deb

Winter storm finally blew in. the temps were dropping all day to the point where our heater couldnt keep up. Now its rain in short heavy bursts inter mixed with clear sky... meaning COLD. They say the snow level will drop to 6000 feet which is the height of our highest mountain range.

For San Diegans its Cold. But I love it.

deb

My son is in college in New York state, He texted yesterday to check on us and I said it was freezing even his father was in a long sleeved shirt.
He said how cold? , I said 70.
The next text was just a bunch of HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
smart Alec.

That looks very toasty. :D Why thank you!

Last time I had issues with my wood stove I stripped it taking the fire bricks out of the bottom and cleaned out all the dust between them with a vacuum.  Made a BIG difference.

deb

Hummm, that is a thought, haven't ever done that.

However, our stove is a catalytic model (stupid choice, never again), and the lever that switches it back and forth between catalytic and non-catalytic is a bit faulty. It keeps popping off the hook, and to rehook it you need to wait for the stive to cool down, dismantle and remove the exhaust pipe and then put back together. :barnie

If I leave it in catalytic 24/7 then it is EXCEEDINGLY difficult to get the fire started well without clouds of smoke in the house, AND hard to get the fire to the nice roaring point.

If I leave it in non catalytic then I can't get a good burn time (will NOT last over night)!!!!!!!!!!!

I even had the stove man look... He said it is a design flaw, suck it up and deal, try to turn the level "gently", or buy a different stove. :rolleyes:

Quote: Hummm, that is a thought, haven't ever done that.

However, our stove is a catalytic model (stupid choice, never again), and the lever that switches it back and forth between catalytic and non-catalytic is a bit faulty. It keeps popping off the hook, and to rehook it you need to wait for the stive to cool down, dismantle and remove the exhaust pipe and then put back together.
barnie.gif

If I leave it in catalytic 24/7 then it is EXCEEDINGLY difficult to get the fire started well without clouds of smoke in the house, AND hard to get the fire to the nice roaring point.

If I leave it in non catalytic then I can't get a good burn time (will NOT last over night)!!!!!!!!!!!

I even had the stove man look... He said it is a design flaw, suck it up and deal, try to turn the level "gently", or buy a different stove.
roll.png

Catalytic stoves are a Requirement here in CA. If I can get my act together I am doing a rocket stove mass heater. I have a couple of spots for one. YOu can heat the whole house on kindling.

and Yes the fire burns sideways.

here is a house with one in use

The big bench is the heat exchanger... This is going in my lotto house...

deb

That sounds awesome deb.

Kind of like the kachelofen of Germany, those are nice too.

I wish I had bought one of the super efficient non-catalytic stoves, instead of this stupid catalytic one.

Coffee could literally be a lifesaver

Study finds coffee lowers chance of heart disease, diabetes, suicide

Author: By Carina Storrs Special to CNN
Published On: Nov 16 2015 04:05:09 PM EST Updated On: Nov 17 2015 03:31:25 AM EST
Black-coffee-jpg.jpg

And early morning homicides.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom