Sizzle sexing Boy or girl????

If i put up some pictures of both my sizzle and silkie who are 3months old at this point could you help sex mine too??? :)

I could try
smile.png
Sometimes they're obvious, sometimes not.

~HERE ARE MY TWO SPLASH 3 MONTH OLD CHICKS~
The smaller one is a Silkie, and the larger one is a Sizzle. I noticed my Sizzle is getting red on her comb, i'm hoping Sizzles pullets get more of a comb, than pure Silkies.... :) i'm thinking the Silkie is male because it looks like it has the "Rock star" hair cut...i've named it 'Sting' regardless hahaha :)

~HERE ARE MY TWO SPLASH 3 MONTH OLD CHICKS~
The smaller one is a Silkie, and the larger one is a Sizzle.  I noticed my Sizzle is getting red on her comb, i'm hoping Sizzles pullets get more of a comb, than pure Silkies....  :)                      i'm thinking the Silkie  is male because it looks like it has the "Rock star" hair cut...i've named it 'Sting' regardless hahaha  :)  

I love the name! I'm thinking your frizzled silkie is a pullet and silkie a roo. But I dono. Does one exhibit more rooster like behavior? I notice my Roos stand pretty tall most of the time, they just seem leggier.

Thanks guys.... yes...the sizzle ducks her head and will hide, seems shy... the one i call 'Sting' is more curious and outgoing, however, they play chicken(jump at each other) a lot.... she's always been bigger and dominant...but not mean. I was so hoping for this outcome.... so it makes since that she would have more of a comb then a pure silkie....her comb still smooth, just slightly dimpled. Thanks again for the feed back :)

Thanks guys.... yes...the sizzle ducks her head and will hide, seems shy... the one i call 'Sting' is more curious and outgoing, however, they play chicken(jump at each other) a lot.... she's always been bigger and dominant...but not mean. I was so hoping for this outcome.... so it makes since that she would have more of a comb then a pure silkie....her comb still smooth, just slightly dimpled. Thanks again for the feed back :)

So much for ducking it's head and acting shy..I think my sizzle is a boy....the comb is getting big and bumpy and darker red/blue... So i just might have two Roos!!! I'm going to take a close up picture and post it..... i hope i'm wrong...

I need help figuring out whether one of our Sizzles is a boy or a girl. He/she is about 6-8 weeks old, she is about 9-10 inches tall, and he/she is named Mop (yes, it is named Mop). We got it from a friend who could no longer take care of it and its friend, (sibling, maybe) who I think is a girl (Her name is Dusty Odette and instead of being a Sizzle, she is a Frizzled Silkie, but I heard that is possible). Mop has an unusually large and bright red comb and waddle. My family and I don't know if we can keep a rooster, but we already love him/her dearly (even if we did just get them today), and I have heard of some people having unusually large-combed hens that also have oddly red combs. So again, I ask, does anyone know for sure if Mop is a boy?

Here is a picture:

I need help figuring out whether one of our Sizzles is a boy or a girl. He/she is about 6-8 weeks old, she is about 9-10 inches tall, and he/she is named Mop (yes, it is named Mop). We got it from a friend who could no longer take care of it and its friend, (sibling, maybe) who I think is a girl (Her name is Dusty Odette and instead of being a Sizzle, she is a Frizzled Silkie, but I heard that is possible). Mop has an unusually large and bright red comb and waddle. My family and I don't know if we can keep a rooster, but we already love him/her dearly (even if we did just get them today), and I have heard of some people having unusually large-combed hens that also have oddly red combs. So again, I ask, does anyone know for sure if Mop is a boy? Here is a picture:
6-8 weeks old and a comb like that! That's a roo!

Back
Top Bottom