sliping on edge of kiddie pool

That's true lol but worth a try anyway.

I found another hose, but it's full of kinks. I got most of the kinks out and did what you said. It is working!!!! but very slowly. I think it will go faster when the kinks are out. Hopefully by morning, the pool will be drained.
Do you use hay for bedding? If so, how often do you change it. Do you ever wet the hay and clean it with a hose and then let it dry?

Pretty good grass to grow in sand, being from Fl originally I do remember. we have the opposite we're so rocky living in the mountains we have a really hard time getting grass to grow.

I lived in the Adirondacks for 11yrs. I lived up a mountain 6 miles from a town called Schroon Lake, NY, The only thing that grew, were wild flowers, no grass, no shrubs, nothing, but it was absolutely beautiful and I do miss it.

I lived in the Adirondacks for 11yrs. I lived up a mountain 6 miles from a town called Schroon Lake, NY, The only thing that grew, were wild flowers, no grass, no shrubs, nothing, but it was absolutely beautiful and I do miss it.
Wild flowers are beautiful and I love them but I would like to have grass for my geese, today I opened up the area my geese have been in since May to let the chickens till up the soil then I will sow grass seed in Sept. maybe we'll start getting so good rains by then. That sound like a beautiful place to live but I bet cold in winter. Cold enough here in NC Mountains for me.

I found another hose, but it's full of kinks. I got most of the kinks out and did what you said. It is working!!!! but very slowly. I think it will go faster when the kinks are out. Hopefully by morning, the pool will be drained.
Do you use hay for bedding? If so, how often do you change it. Do you ever wet the hay and clean it with a hose and then let it dry?
I use pine shaving for horses bedding it is much easier to clean I think scoop out the poopy wet, fluff and add as needed I keep about 4 inches in summer and 6-8 in winter in my goose house and about the same in duck and chickens houses too.

smile.png
Good Evening 72elizabeth and Miss Lydia,

I don't mean to interrupt lol, and would have been on sooner but I think 'Chrome' is broken, here are a couple of before and after photos of our small duck pool. You can see how dark the water gets after only 24 hours, so I run the water into it for about 6 or 7 minutes and it clears up, the pool is nearly level although the nitrogen rich water flows toward the tomato plants. There are some wood chips left behind, but you can see that the small amount of residual sand is very white, and the technique works even if the ducks stay in the pool.

I use a simple splitter at the spigot for two different hoses, and with a larger pool such as yours it might take about 10 or 12 minutes. In hot weather I change it every day, but in cooler or cold weather it's only necessary every two or three days;

Note: It only seems to work well if the water is directed clockwise in the bottom of the pool, medium to high pressure.

smile.png
Good Evening 72elizabeth and Miss Lydia,

I don't mean to interrupt lol, and would have been on sooner but I think 'Chrome' is broken, here are a couple of before and after photos of our small duck pool. You can see how dark the water gets after only 24 hours, so I run the water into it for about 6 or 7 minutes and it clears up, the pool is nearly level although the nitrogen rich water flows toward the tomato plants. There are some wood chips left behind, but you can see that the small amount of residual sand is very white, and the technique works even if the ducks stay in the pool.

I use a simple splitter at the spigot for two different hoses, and with a larger pool such as yours it might take about 10 or 12 minutes. In hot weather I change it every day, but in cooler or cold weather it's only necessary every two or three days;

Note: It only seems to work well if the water is directed clockwise in the bottom of the pool, medium to high pressure.
Good visuals, I do this too to keep from changing the pool water everyday at days end I'll turn the water on for about 10mins I have to set the timer or I forget and well I've just about drained the spring holding tank before. But it does work to clean the pool and put in fresh but I still have to change the water out every other day with 9 ducks and 4 geese using it it gets rather nasty . Especially in hot weather months. How often do you completely empty and fill when doing this? sorry if you said and I missed it.

Wild flowers are beautiful and I love them but I would like to have grass for my geese, today I opened up the area my geese have been in since May to let the chickens till up the soil then I will sow grass seed in Sept. maybe we'll start getting so good rains by then. That sound like a beautiful place to live but I bet cold in winter. Cold enough here in NC Mountains for me.

LOL, Try -40 in Jan. and snow up to your waist. That I don't miss!!!

The water drain out pretty well, but not completely. I think it's because of several kinks in the hose. I did have to bail a bit this morning. I changed the small ramp for the big one. Hopefully they'll use the big one.

The water drain out pretty well, but not completely. I think it's because of several kinks in the hose. I did have to bail a bit this morning. I changed the small ramp for the big one. Hopefully they'll use the big one.
Look at that fresh CLEAN WATER lol What is that ramp made of? it's a nice one.

Back
Top Bottom