sliping on edge of kiddie pool

That looks like a good set up. I put log stumps around mine and they hop onto them and then into the pool they lift themselves out with out a problem but they are adults.

That looks like a good set up. I put log stumps around mine and they hop onto them and then into the pool they lift themselves out with out a problem but they are adults.

Geese sure are smart. Here's a couple of pix with one of them on the ramp. I just happen to catch one using the ramp and grabbed the camera. I'm in the process of changing the shade cloth, plus extending it, so I don't have to run out and move it every 45 minutes. Originally the shade cloth was set-up for my chicken tractor, where I kept the guinea keets. Logs I don't have. I 'm lucky to have one tree on the this property. I thought I'd put the pool in their coop, but it would take up a lot of room. I just might keep it buy my Knock Out Roses. If I do, I'll build a deck and put the pool on it, with the kitchen drain and PVC pipe.
Off topic, what do you feed your adult geese? These guys are getting older, 2 month's old now. They don't eat much at all, they forage all day long. They are eating Purina Flock Raiser crumbles right now.

I feed the guineas Purina Layena

Geese sure are smart. Here's a couple of pix with one of them on the ramp. I just happen to catch one using the ramp and grabbed the camera. I'm in the process of changing the shade cloth, plus extending it, so I don't have to run out and move it every 45 minutes. Originally the shade cloth was set-up for my chicken tractor, where I kept the guinea keets. Logs I don't have. I 'm lucky to have one tree on the this property. I thought I'd put the pool in their coop, but it would take up a lot of room. I just might keep it buy my Knock Out Roses. If I do, I'll build a deck and put the pool on it, with the kitchen drain and PVC pipe.
Off topic, what do you feed your adult geese? These guys are getting older, 2 month's old now. They don't eat much at all, they forage all day long. They are eating Purina Flock Raiser crumbles right now.

I feed the guineas Purina Layena
They are very smart and have good memories too. If they have adequate grazing then that is what they will eat and the FR crumbles will just be secondary. They sure look good and healthy. I envy you having nice green grass. Flock Raiser is a great feed for our flocks. Of course organic would be ideal but i for one can't afford it and would have to travel many miles just to buy it if i could.

They are very smart and have good memories too. If they have adequate grazing then that is what they will eat and the FR crumbles will just be secondary. They sure look good and healthy. I envy you having nice green grass. Flock Raiser is a great feed for our flocks. Of course organic would be ideal but i for one can't afford it and would have to travel many miles just to buy it if i could.
OK, so to understand, you give your adult geese the FR crumbles, that is used for goslings, right?

smile.png
Amen 72elizabeth, that ramp is top of the line, and those non slip abrasive strips 'will' stay adhered to that aluminum, (unlike the material the pools are made from). The water appears to be very clean also, I'm assuming that you lift and empty it on occasion, if you run a spare section of hose into the pool onto the bottom in a half circle, you can clear the water each day or every other day by running the water for about 7 or 8 minutes. You can use a quick disconnect hose fitting on this line, or a 'Y' type splitter at the spigot, direct the flow clockwise and as the pool clears, the over flow should irrigate your rose garden. In the past I've found that if you lift those pools to empty them they will start to crack and leak, Thank You again for the pictures.
smile.png

I use FR crumbles to make my fermented feed and crumbles doesn't necessarily mean it's for goslings. My flock never like the pellets when I offered it to them.

On the FR crumble bag, it says after 18 week to change to Layena, that's what has me confused. I feed the Guinea Layena, but they do like the FR crumbles. I'm kinda confused as to what to buy next.

smile.png
Amen 72elizabeth, that ramp is top of the line, and those non slip abrasive strips 'will' stay adhered to that aluminum, (unlike the material the pools are made from). The water appears to be very clean also, I'm assuming that you lift and empty it on occasion, if you run a spare section of hose into the pool onto the bottom in a half circle, you can clear the water each day or every other day by running the water for about 7 or 8 minutes. You can use a quick disconnect hose fitting on this line, or a 'Y' type splitter at the spigot, direct the flow clockwise and as the pool clears, the over flow should irrigate your rose garden. In the past I've found that if you lift those pools to empty them they will start to crack and leak, Thank You again for the pictures.
smile.png

I tried siphoning with a small garden hose, but it didn't work for me. Right now, I'm running the water into the pool, but it doesn't get out all the sediments at the bottom. Yes, I've been bailing and that gets pretty old, that's why I'm planning the deck with a kitchen sink strainer and PVC attachment. I've been all over this BYC looking for in-depth directions, but haven't found any. I was also thinking of using a siphon hose.

smile.png
Good Friday Morning 72elizabeth, the residual amount of sand left over in the bottom is usually very clean and white, but the pool water clears up nicely.

There are two things to consider when placing the pool on your deck, 50 - 100 gallons of water is 400 - 800 pounds, and will damage the structure without reinforcement. And the drain itself would need a grate or it could be a foot or leg hazard, and with a grate you would constantly have to clear it for it to completely drain, your set up is perfect as it is, and a small amount of residual sand in the bottom feels natural on the bottom of their feet.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom