sliping on edge of kiddie pool

On the FR crumble bag, it says after 18 week to change to Layena, that's what has me confused. I feed the Guinea Layena, but they do like the FR crumbles. I'm kinda confused as to what to buy next.
Mine stay on it for life I think as long as you offer oyster shell it doesn't matter. I haven't read the bag in quite awhile since I have used it for so many years. I guess I need too.

I use FR crumbles to make my fermented feed and crumbles doesn't necessarily mean it's for goslings. My flock never like the pellets when I offered it to them.

Do you serve the crumbles in water or do you give it to the geese dry? I ask because Jupiter is still working down her bag of Mazuri waterfowl starter pellets I bought when she was a week old. The bag is nearing the end. I've been wondering what supplemental feed I should upgrade her to. I tried giving her flock raiser crumbles when she was 8 weeks old. She wouldn't eat it. I fed the rest of the bag to the wild ducks who hang out at the pond next to our house. Maybe I should try again now that she's older.

Do you serve the crumbles in water or do you give it to the geese dry? I ask because Jupiter is still working down her bag of Mazuri waterfowl starter pellets I bought when she was a week old. The bag is nearing the end. I've been wondering what supplemental feed I should upgrade her to. I tried giving her flock raiser crumbles when she was 8 weeks old. She wouldn't eat it. I fed the rest of the bag to the wild ducks who hang out at the pond next to our house. Maybe I should try again now that she's older.
I use FR in a fermented feed I make so it's moist It also has ACV in it which helps to prevent mold.

smile.png
Good Friday Morning 72elizabeth, the residual amount of sand left over in the bottom is usually very clean and white, but the pool water clears up nicely.

There are two things to consider when placing the pool on your deck, 50 - 100 gallons of water is 400 - 800 pounds, and will damage the structure without reinforcement. And the drain itself would need a grate or it could be a foot or leg hazard, and with a grate you would constantly have to clear it for it to completely drain, your set up is perfect as it is, and a small amount of residual sand in the bottom feels natural on the bottom of their feet.
smile.png

Do you think one of those siphon hoses that you jiggle up and down would work? That'll be a lot cheaper and save a lot of time.

I drain my pool like this I start the water running in it then turn it off and unscrew from faucet take that part of the hose and pull it down hill from the pool just about all the water drains out and gives my plants a nice drink of fertilizer. What water is left in the pool I just dump on the ground.

http://purinamills.com/chicken-feed/

they show PFR for all stages of life. so it's your decision if you want to change when they become of laying age. I just put out Oyster shell and my geese eat it as needed.

Yes, I do have oyster shells out. I do have grit, but they really don't need it 'cause Fl., is nothing but a sand barge. All this grass grows on sand.

I drain my pool like this I start the water running in it then turn it off and unscrew from faucet take that part of the hose and pull it down hill from the pool just about all the water drains out and gives my plants a nice drink of fertilizer. What water is left in the pool I just dump on the ground.

I'll try that. There is no "down hill". Fl. is flat! But I'll give it a try. The hose might be to long for that. The outlet it's on the side and to the back of the house. I'll let you know how I make out.

Yes, I do have oyster shells out. I do have grit, but they really don't need it 'cause Fl., is nothing but a sand barge. All this grass grows on sand.
Pretty good grass to grow in sand, being from Fl originally I do remember. we have the opposite we're so rocky living in the mountains we have a really hard time getting grass to grow.

Back
Top Bottom