Has your humidity been this high the whole time?

Do you have another calibrated thermometer in the bator besides the installed one it came with.

You can not trust built in thermometers.
i do have an additional thermometer inside they're both reading pretty much the same. I DO NOT however have an additional hydrometer inside. I did the first wks then noticed it went blank & after changing batteries it still wasn't working so I took it out & have not picked up a replacement

I think your humidity has been too high throughout.
Not sure there is anything you can do about that now but next time you set eggs try lowering it closer to 30-35% throughout.

I think your humidity has been too high throughout.
Not sure there is anything you can do about that now but next time you set eggs try lowering it closer to 30-35% throughout.

I did remove the 1st hatchling as suggested, & as soon as the 2nd was dry enuff to remove, I placed it in the brooder w the 1st one. A few hrs later the pippers became zippers & the zippers broke out. Do you think the mixed breed incubation may have had anything to do with the 1st one hatching so early? I was told one time that bantams should be put on lockdown at day 16 instead of day 18, because they have a tendency of hatchin a few days prior to day 21. I've never incubated mixed breeds before. When I do incubate bantams with others should lock down start at day 16,17 or 18? The next time around I will keep the humidity at 30-35%, as I've never given this range a try before, I've always kept it at 45-50% & have never experienced any quitters & have had a 100% hatch rate. However I've always kept my breeds incubated with their own breeds & this is a first time experience mixing for incubation with me. I was really shocked to have one hatch much longer than the others before & wasn't sure ta do with the situation in which I found myself in. Thanks again fer yer input & help, it's greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom