Smart weasel-dumb weasel

My fingers get twitchy as I think of setting that trap.
lol.png

had no idea they are so small, I've never seen one with a person beside it to show size. Wow they are tiny

Weasels come in various sizes depending on the exact species

Weasels vary in length from 12 to 45 centimetres (5 to 18 in), and usually have a red or brown upper coat and a white belly; some populations of some species moult to a wholly white coat in winter. They have long slender bodies, which enable them to follow their prey into burrows. Their tails may be from 22 to 33 centimetres (9 to 13 in) long. As is typical of small omnivores, weasels have a reputation for cleverness and guile​

I have had no experiences yet with weasels. What I know of them I have learned by reading this segment of BYC forum posts. My friend however has had a positive experience for his first time. With my luck I would have stood there until the cows came home and not seen that thing to even get a shot off.
lol.png

Of course, there are many types of weasels. That one looks like an ermine to me. They are quite small. In the summer, their fur would be brown. Did he save the pelt? Their fur is luxuriantly soft.

If I'm going to hit something that small, he had better stand straight up and still with a target painted on his belly (I'm not such a good shot) - good job!

Back
Top Bottom