Smokers Paradise (for all the smokers and BBQ lovers)

Doing a father day smoke
ABT's, stuffed shrooms, blooming onion, and SLR.
IMG_20180617_150447837.jpg
IMG_20180617_150437872.jpg

It nice setup that you have there. You must have a large family. I am very happy with the Kamado that purchased from the Costco 2016.

Actually, it's just me and my wife.
It's my biggest smoker of many. I mainly use this one for whole hog cooks. But I've fired up this beast for two burgers. Lol.

I've been eyeing a big green egg or similar to add to my Arsenal, but my wife has threatened me. Me.. I'd rather ask for forgiveness than permission. Lol

Thanks for the compliment.

OK, you guys are making me very very hungry and all I have in a smoker is a cold smoker and a very tiny lodge grill. I have a great campfire but don't have it set up for smoking. What type of smokers is everyone using? I want one bad but not sure what to buy/ build/ create? I was contemplating one of those egg shaped ones. I want something big enough to smoke a turkey.

ideas?
Check out the Weber Smoky Mountain line. We have both sizes, but prefer the 22” smoker with a BBQ Guru controller. You can also use the Smoky Mountain with a pellet smoker attachment that works well. You can cook low and slow or hot and fast (for better chicken) on this one. We use apple, hickory, or oak wood for any of the meats and have developed two rubs- one for chicken and pork and a second for beef and venison. We had a tow-behind cooker that we used for contests along the east coast and Midwest, but sold it before we moved to Ohio last year. We retired from the contest circuit several years ago when we were getting ready for the move. Loved it tho, lots of great people and fun times! And yes, Myron Mixon is as big a PITA as he seems on the BBQ Pitmasters shows! :eek:

Doing a 107 lb whole hog for a client. Injected yesterday afternoon. Started the pit this morning at 2am. Pig went on at 3am. Current temps are 151° in the shoulders and 154° in the hinds. Eating around 4 pm. Looking for a IT of 175+...

Attachments

• IMG_20210814_074747874.jpg
    IMG_20210814_074747874.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 2
Hit a major stall after my last post. Had to tent and bump pit temp to 300° to get her in the 170's. Rested for a hr before serving. Only took 30 minutes for the guests to rid the hog of anything edible, lol.
Customer was extremely happy. Many of his guests said they never tasted pork this good. What a great cook.

Attachments

• 43643.jpeg
    43643.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 2
Hit a major stall after my last post. Had to tent and bump pit temp to 300° to get her in the 170's. Rested for a hr before serving. Only took 30 minutes for the guests to rid the hog of anything edible, lol.
Customer was extremely happy. Many of his guests said they never tasted pork this good. What a great cook.
Is that a Bubba Grill? We had one for years and won some good money. 👍🏻👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom