Smoky Mtn East TN

Hello Im from Sevierville tn and I own 8 RIR hens... One of them went broody and I got het some fertilized eggs from my neighbor which has a mix. This has been 2 days since she has laid on them! Im gery excited this is the first time experience and the best part is I have no clue what the chicks are going to look like lol. i will have to post pics and we can all guess
smile.png
That is the most fun... mystery chicks AND a broody mom?!?! Chicken heaven!

I haz a question. What do u use to disinfect ur bator with ? I will be starting to collect eggs for my biggest hatch yet {# 4!!!!1} and I need to disinfect my bator any suggestions ?

Maybe someone more experienced will answer but I followed the directions on my Hova-bator. If I remember correctly it said to use warm soapy water (dish liquid) but I did soak the tray, wire mesh & the shelf liner (I used over the wire) in soap & bleach water.

Does anyone know the entry info for the newport show? Will be getting to keep my silkies and call ducks at my parents house so thankful for that. Have plans on newport in may if dr allows it.
Hey folks! Remember me from the old thread??
I got a show entry at the Knox show and this is the info for the Newport show, if anyone still needs it.

Date: May 4, 2013
Entry Deadline: Mon April 30, 2013
Judges: Tome Kane & Marty McGuire
Mail entries to: Angie Sutton, 3231 Buck Horn Rd, Sevierville, TN 37876 Phone entries: Angie 865-414-8935 or Ruth 865-414-7565
$2 per bird (+$1 per exhibitor added to total entry fee) Make checks payable to Angie Sutton, Show Secretary
Entries must be in place by 8:30am, must provide proof of Pollorum/Typhoid testing. (Testing free of charge day of show at fairgrounds) Judging starts at 9am.

Fall show date: Nov 9, 2013, same place

Who all is going? I am going to try to show for the first time. I don't expect to do much, but I am gonna give it a whirl.
wink.png
I will also have Seramas and D'uccles for sale at the show (shamelss plug
tongue.png
)

@littlechicklet--I still love your dog...great pix of him meeting the chick.
love.gif

Last edited:
Lunar-
frow.gif
and thanks for stopping by. I plan on attending the show but will not be showing or selling. I am hoping to have some to show this fall if I get my nerve up! Also the ABA (sorry I always mess that up and think APA) is having a show in Knoxville in December and in December 2014 is the APA nationals.

Thanks we love Cass too. He is actually the best one with the chicks.

Back
Top Bottom