Smoky Mtn East TN

Free to a good home. 6 month old splash silkie cockerel.

SALE!!!
wee.gif
Belgian D'uccle
yippiechickie.gif
Bantam egg machines, cold hardy, friendly and fun to have around.

I have some D'uccle pullets & lots of cockerels for sale. The parents are a really nice black roo over lovely lavender hens. The birds for sale are visually black with that nice beetle green sheen, and heavy feathering on the legs and feet like Dad. All these are split (or carrying) the lavender gene. Therefore, together, they will produce both black chicks and lavender chicks. They are starting to lay and are fertile.

I have 2 pairs for $25 each set or I will sell single cockerels for $15. **sorry cannot sell single hens or trios** IF you buy a good group, I will try to work with the price.

This is one of the cockerels about a month ago and in a molt. but they are nice birds. Their combs are up and red and they are starting to breed. You can see even at his young age, he has nice feathering on his feet. I will try to get better shots of them if anyone is interested.

Is anyone going to the show in Dalton, GA this weekend???
cool.png

I was thinking of waiting till spring to see what all were for sure.. if can part with this late runt clutch at all (i think they're at half development of what supposed to be), and cannot tell for certain yet at sexes, due to young first mother's clutch, her health when i got and laid and started brooding just week after got (odd eggs only hatched three days aprt, but maybe she just hovered, but not all made it), cold weather with mother not covering at all and my inexperience at caring for scovys at time. ill let mamma duck hatch a clutch in spring for those interested still, first dibs for those who already asked. Warm weather, ability, allowed. to, and knowledge of foraging, should along with her now experience, make great hatchlings in spring.

Last edited:
I was thinking of waiting till spring to see what all were for sure.. if can part with this late runt clutch at all (i think they're at half development of what supposed to be), and cannot tell for certain yet at sexes, due to young first mother's clutch, her health when i got and laid and started brooding just week after got (odd eggs only hatched three days aprt, but maybe she just hovered, but not all made it), cold weather with mother not covering at all and my inexperience at caring for scovys at time. ill let mamma duck hatch a clutch in spring for those interested still, first dibs for those who already asked. Warm weather, ability, allowed. to, and knowledge of foraging, should along with her now experience, make great hatchlings in spring.

Put me on the list for notification for spring. We will want to buy some for sure.

im looking to trade 7 month old bourbon red turkey tom...very tame and friendly. I would prefer to trade for some meat ducks but pm me your offer :=)

I have 2 trios of SFH for sale... all non-crested and at POL...
pics can be seen in my flock folder or on the SFH thread.

Hello, everybody.

I was on this site in the past, but because of family situations and work I had to drop off the map for a while.

My wife and I live between Jonesborough and Johnson City on 11 1/2 acres, out in Washington County.

I have an 8X8 coop with a 28 foot run.

All was fine and good till the coons paid me a visit and just about cleaned me out.

I have since then taken care of the coon problems and need to restock.

Does anyone in the area have any pullets for sale.

I am mainly looking for large brown egg layers.

I am mainly looking for Yellow Buff Orpingtons and/or Plymouth Barred Rocks, but am willing to delve into other breeds that are dependable and steady layers.

My wife and I just like them as pets and will make spoiled rotten chickens out of them.

P.S. My daughter just got hired as a nurse at Mountain Home VA and is moving back to East Tennessee with her family in December.

So I have to have some chickens for my granddaughter who is in the 1st grade.

She has been a chicken wrangler since she has been able to walk and loves them.

One of the 1st full sentences she ever said to me was,"Papaw, your domino-nickers are softer than than ours."

Back
Top Bottom