Smoky Mtn East TN

@RedRidge,
are those from your heritage rosecomb RIRs? or crosses and/or sexlinks?

@Trooper man,
Are you the one who txtd me earlier about cornish bantams?

I found out the sexlink in brown ducks, would have to be brown strain bred to black strain: black drake bred to brown duck = black ducks and brown drakes.

No this hatch are Rhodebars. I raise both the Underwood lineof HRIR and Rhodebars. Rhodebars are an autosexed RIR.

@RedRidge,
are those from your heritage rosecomb RIRs? or crosses and/or sexlinks?

@Trooper man,
Are you the one who txtd me earlier about cornish bantams?

I found out the sexlink in brown ducks, would have to be brown strain bred to black strain: black drake bred to brown duck = black ducks and brown drakes.

I have not texted anyone? I have p.m a few though on here.
smile.png

@redridge,

Wow good going with them. You've posted pics of you HRIRs, but don't remember if seen your rhodebars, or if just look same as adults for comparisons. Do your rhodebars breed true, or are they HRIR x barred rock ect?

@trooperman,

Id just gotten a txt asking about breed you were looking for, after id put an ad on Craig's, about downsizing some of my birds (banty group, pigeon pairs, extra male scovys), then you'd posted asking about here.

I've never owned a barred rock.
All of my Rhodebars breed true if they are full Rhodebar.
My breed improvement program uses some of my rir to improve them, but those are used only for breeding here and their offspring are never sold until at least 3 generations out when breeding true and autosexing is 100%

@Redridge

You sound like your trying to be very responsible and take a lot of pride in what your striving for in your poultry. that's good to see, as you still seem to be having fun with your chooks also.

my thermometer on back porch read -2 or lower again.. everything miserable besides the collie, cattle dog (shepherd staying inside, other two keep going out to run and play in snow for long periods) a maybe temp only new one, and Americana bantams (got a frozen early egg today), are only ones enjoying snow and cold. we have a couple feet here, but sun coming out so hoping all will thaw out.

HOPE Y'ALL KEEP'N TOASTY WARM!

Thanks for the replies - These hens have found a home now!

We live in the Tricities area, in Unicoi. Looking for a home for a flock of 6 friendly hens, 3 Bard Rocks, 3 Americaunas.

We're selling our house and would love to take them with us, but cannot.

They free range once a day, would love to get out more. They all have names. Good layers.

They will be 3 years old in April.

Also have a coop

The coop is fairly heavy, but 2 people can carry it for a short distance to a truck.

My wife loves these hens and wants them to go where they will be happy. PM me is the best way to get a quick answer.
Steve

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom