Smoky Mtn East TN

Ive got a buddy over in sevierville who breeds milking goats, meat n fur rabbits, and Americana bantams (as well as flying rollers, and racing homers). Jimmy-865-274-2708-business cell he leaves on ads in paper.

@redridge are your D' Uccles really cold hardy as well? as id think mine would go in insulated house sooner, but won't stay in till it gets below 20°. i don't know how their combs don't frostbite.

Ive got a buddy over in sevierville who breeds milking goats, meat n fur rabbits, and Americana bantams (as well as flying rollers, and racing homers). Jimmy-865-274-2708-business cell he leaves on ads in paper.

@redridge are your D' Uccles really cold hardy as well? as id think mine would go in insulated house sooner, but won't stay in till it gets below 20°. i don't know how their combs don't frostbite.

Well mine like to stay in. Even in the summer they don't venture far away. They stick together and dance to the beat of their own drummer, rarely hanging out with the other chickens.

Hello Folks!

Myself and a couple of buddies and nephews are going to start doing some chicken raising this Spring.

Any other people close to the Tazewell or Knoxville area?

We're going to be looking for some good breeder stock-- probably Orpingtons and RIR's.

What type of RIR are you wanting? Heritage birds or production/hatchery birds? Single comb or rose comb?

Last edited:
@redridge,
My unrelated D' uccle pair also do their own thing, and generally run off others that mess with their area and nest. i used to have them behind current place and they made a half acre their territory, before moved coop, and now keeping them up since till spring (worried all the regular and passing BOPs would get them).

Last edited:
Hello everyone!
frow.gif
Just wanted to pop my head in here and introduce myself. I'm in Jonesborough, near Johnson City in East Tennessee. I'm focusing on LF Salmon Faverolles, Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas, D'uccles, and BBS Silkies. I'm going to be doing a lot of hatching this year as I am trying to establish and build up my flocks. I just hatched out my first batch of Silkies in February and just got two dozen Faverolles eggs I'm going to put in the incubator tomorrow. I'll be posting on the March Hatch-A-Long thread if anyone wants to follow!

Welcome! would love to see what kind of silkies, D' Uccles, and ameraucanas you are working with. I've sadly not seen anything around here but white silkies for fluff only (cut open extra cockerels and then especially disappointments). red ridge and i both keep D' Uccles (im trying to build up more porcelain, mille d' feur color patterns of hens of red ridges I've seen look better than my cockerel), and i keep bantam Americanas most would go for show ameraucanas. lol

I am so overflowing with F1 chicks right now - not to mention Rhodebar and HRIR chicks- that I'm thinking about finding homes for my 3 d'uccle girls. Just no room in the inn. Lemme know if you want some pics laughing dog. .. These are not show quality... Two are just now a year old and the other is 2 and has gone broody several times

Back
Top Bottom