Sneeze/cough

outwestallen

In the Brooder
Jul 27, 2019
I have one hen that's been letting out a little cough sneeze every once in a while. She doesn't sound croopy and doesn't do it often. It may be because it's getting windy here and kicking up a bunch dust. Should I give my flock a round of antibiotics just in case? I clean coop Every 1-2 weeks so I doubt it is that. What's your opinions?

I have one hen that's been letting out a little cough sneeze every once in a while. She doesn't sound croopy and doesn't do it often. It may be because it's getting windy here and kicking up a bunch dust. Should I give my flock a round of antibiotics just in case? I clean coop Every 1-2 weeks so I doubt it is that. What's your opinions?
It's just dust or she ate too fast....have seen it many times.

Giving AB's at the drop of a hat, or the sneeze of a chicken, is crazy.
I raise birds for eggs and meat to avoid drugs/chemicals in my food.
Plus if you don't know what organism it is, you won't know what AB's would be effective.

My Barred Rock girl did the same today...we had a quick thunderstorm, kicking up a lot of dirt and dust...even though I was concerned at first, I think it's just this cooky weather we are having. She looks and seems perfectly happy. So, if your girl appears perky, well, and happy, then it is dust/dirt...heck I even did it a couple of times today too :)

Back
Top Bottom