So I found this chicken...

4eyesnoheart

Chirping
Dec 6, 2023
I'm pretty sure she's a bantam welsummer, but can anyone confirm?

Tldr/stray dogs attacked a chicken. This is not my chicken. I got a new chicken.

(Yes I've posted her on my local lost pet boards)

I'm a vet tech and she's receiving appropriate medical care.
She's super docile and thoroughly enjoyed my preening some of her neck feathers. She's like a 1/3rd the size of my hens, but her comb looks fully developed. Anybody have a guess at age?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Snapchat-12167038.jpg
    Snapchat-12167038.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Snapchat-1083442806.jpg
    Snapchat-1083442806.jpg
    466.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Snapchat-1884961424.jpg
    Snapchat-1884961424.jpg
    461.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20231203_090116.jpg
    20231203_090116.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 27
Hmm, personally I think she is a Silver Duckwing OEGB. Poor gal!
Really? She's definitely brown w/ black in real life. The silver duckwings look more, well' silver😂 but tbh, I'm relying on googling vs hands on chicken knowledge. I've never interacted with either the OEGB or welsummer🤷‍♀️

Really? She's definitely brown w/ black in real life. The silver duckwings look more, well' silver😂 but tbh, I'm relying on googling vs hands on chicken knowledge. I've never interacted with either the OEGB or welsummer🤷‍♀️
A few hatcheries sell Silver Duckwing OEGB, and their birds aren’t very standard colored. A lot of the photos on google have really nice standard bred birds. Although she may be something else as I am not an expert on chicken breeds, much less on bantams.

Not a bantam Welsummer and yes she is silver duckwing.
Idk if OEGB. Looks kinda big for one but hard to judge size.

She is super teeny, like can't weigh more than 3 lbs. I'm not familiar with any of the bantams. I'm used to mixed flock weirdos with little to no origin story😂

Curious, what makes her not a welsummer?the pics online look so close. I'll try to take better pics.of her.

Back
Top Bottom