So....talk about.....CANCER SUPPORT THREAD !!

Quote:
That stinks!!! Get on the phone girl!! Drive them crazy until they get you the answers you need. Prayers coming your way.

Lurchie is picking up a prescription of marinol for me.
wee.gif
Fingers crossed that this will help with all the crap I've got going on.
fl.gif

Anyone heard from Sara? She's not been on here or Facebook. I'm getting worried.

I got a different nurse because my nurse coordinator is out sick.
The jist of it is that they want me to have a sodium fluoride PET scan or biopsy. The bone scan was not enough.
Anybody with an info on that type of bone scan?

Deerman-
hugs.gif
!

Some people are sensitive to fluoride in larger doses. Be aware of severe abdominal cramping, and nausea, if you find you start to have difficulty with your breathing, do not wait to tell anyone.

deerman, give it a few more goes before you decide. You have come so far. It is a cruddy thing to have to get used to, but you might. I am wishing you the best, as always.
hugs.gif

Quote:
I got a different nurse because my nurse coordinator is out sick.
The jist of it is that they want me to have a sodium fluoride PET scan or biopsy. The bone scan was not enough.
Anybody with an info on that type of bone scan?

Deerman-
hugs.gif
!

Some people are sensitive to fluoride in larger doses. Be aware of severe abdominal cramping, and nausea, if you find you start to have difficulty with your breathing, do not wait to tell anyone.

deerman, give it a few more goes before you decide. You have come so far. It is a cruddy thing to have to get used to, but you might. I am wishing you the best, as always.
hugs.gif

Thanks for the info. I'm going to do some research today.

I finally got to talk to the Dr at the Cancer Alliance.
She called even though she was still on vacation.
She is ordering the sodium fluoride PET scan to bo done at the U but is mostly sure that what I have is arthritis not bone metastasis.
I have been living with the original findings for more than a week now. Needless to say, that can weigh heavy on a person.
I am not quite done holding my breath but I do feel a bit better.
What a difference one call can make!
Thanks for al who have been praying for and thinking of me.
Know that all of you are in my prayers!!!!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Deerman, I will hope that your problem with the treatment was just a fluke this time and that you decide to at least give it one more try.

Quote:
I don't blame you one bit if you decide not to do this. Just wanted to say my piece deerman. How are you after the treatments? And you would have to do this every week? Let us know what you decide Burt.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom