Soap Makers Fall Swap (BOXES SENT!!!!!)

<<<<< is feeling very left out on all the goodies!
sad.png
I sure wish I could have joined this one! Maybe next time . . . .

I'm glad you all are having such fun with this!

It's a combo of Fall Foliage and pumpkin spice
smile.png

8oz palm
8oz coconut
8oz olive oil
2 oz cocoa butter
1oz castor oil

Bung it all in the crockpot till it liquifies

3.75oz lye
10.25 oz water

Add to the oil in the crock pot and stick blend to thick trace. Let it all cook until it's clear and vaseline-y. Let it cool to 150*, scent, colour and stick it in a mold for 24 hours. Easy peasy
smile.png
Glad y'all liked it!

I got my box, and I can't wait to try these! I'm digging the black salve! I wanted to make some but hadn't gotten to it yet!

It was like an early christmas!

I'm glad that y'all are enjoying all the wonderful soaps! I love the diversity too
smile.png

Cheeptrick, really glad that you send ungelled so we could compare. The lotion was from me. It is the base 1 from Texas natural supply. To use the silk you add a small pinch to your water before you add your lye. The Heat will melt it when you add the lye to the water. Give give it a good stir every now and then untill you can't see it.

I haven't used everyones yet, but I have used Chiknwhisperers- and the bars are just as pretty in person as the pictures! I found this to be a very creamy bar with a lot of dense lather. Next time I'm going to try it as a shaving bar. Smelled good too. Your bars have improved so much since the last swap!

AK button mama- I like your swirls very much! I have only used yours once so far, but you have a good bar. I'll give a better review after I've used a few more times.

So who is up for hosting the next swap? LOL Although I don't know that I could be ready for before Christmas. I'm still playing catch up on my stock. I need to stock up because I'm trying to get into a christmas gig that could mean a lot of money!

I'll do it again...and I promise...a MUCH better bar next time!
roll.png

I'm thinking my recipe with emulsifying wax would be interesting to share with you all. It's a very soft bar...and so moisturizing!! LONGER cure though...but well worth the wait.
cool.png

got my box on Friday.... Loved the soaps.... I have to say none really looked like meat!!

I'm guessing that the one wrapped in tissue paper was the one that Babhah was saying was meat.... The kids really loved the smell and I have to say it was nice looking and smelled divine...

The forest one I think is my favorite.... The smell reminded me of a walk in the woods on an early morning...

Saucy Wench is beautiful.... smells just like I thought it would and DH even said nice... and he's more of a Zest guy... Still trying to figure out which scents to do to get that smell.... Anyone got any ideas!!!

Amber -- if I use frozen goat's milk will the silk still work?? I usually pour it in the oils as soon as the milk melts to not get the orange goo....

The mica and purple powder were wonderful.... DD can't wait for me to use some mica in her lotion....

Spring Theme sounds fun to me!!

Back
Top Bottom