Sold as Blue Laced Gold Wyandottes…But Are They Really?

HensAndFriends

Chirping
Aug 28, 2022
I bought 4 straight run chicks that were sold as Blue Laced Wyandottes, but I am seeing two different feather patterns emerging!

Are they the BL Wynadotte and it is just the male and female feather patterns? Or is it a different Wynadotte breed?

This is my first time having Wynadotte btw 😀

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_4272.jpeg
    IMG_4272.jpeg
    801.2 KB · Views: 63
Wait… this struggling little baby (she had bloody poops on day 2, we are on day 3 of Corid drench) is supposed to be a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, but after seeing yours I think they might have given me something else…?

Attachments

• 0F4EC2C3-5078-4271-8351-0312A0F190C9.jpeg
    0F4EC2C3-5078-4271-8351-0312A0F190C9.jpeg
    617.9 KB · Views: 31
Wait… this struggling little baby (she had bloody poops on day 2, we are on day 3 of Corid drench) is supposed to be a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, but after seeing yours I think they might have given me something else…?
Looks like your chicks are also Golden Laced Wynadottes!
Mine were sold as Blue Laced too

Also: Is there any possible chance to figure out if I have a roo or pullet? Or do I just have to wait for the wattles, comb, saddle feathers, and/crowing lol?

Last edited:
I don’t know how Wyandottes are sexed. This lil baby is my first (and she’s doing better today, poops normal, up and eating and scratching around, yay!)

Found a thread here about it and Mr MKK farms said ‘cockerels often feather in slower then pullets’ but that’s still several weeks away for the little ones.

I bought 4 straight run chicks that were sold as Blue Laced Wyandottes, but I am seeing two different feather patterns emerging!

Are they the BL Wynadotte and it is just the male and female feather patterns? Or is it a different Wynadotte breed?

This is my first time having Wynadotte btw 😀

Thanks guys!
Could have partridge somewhere in the stock but should molt out

Back
Top Bottom