Sold as Blue Laced Gold Wyandottesā€¦But Are They Really?

Interesting.
Are there partridge wynadottes?
So, some Wynadotte breeds/patterns can molt out?!

This is my first time with this breed so thanks for your patience with the newbie questions šŸ˜€
Yes their is partridge colored wyandottes not sure where you bought them. What they look like now they wont look like in a year from now lol

Also: Is there any possible chance to figure out if I have a roo or pullet? Or do I just have to wait for the wattles, comb, saddle feathers, and/crowing lol?

You just have to wait, unless you feel like paying for a DNA test to find out the answer sooner. https://iqbirdtesting.com/

Are there partridge wynadottes?
Yes
So, some Wynadotte breeds/patterns can molt out?!
Sometimes chicks will grow feathers that appear to have one pattern, and when they are grown up they will have a different pattern. All chicks molt several times as they grow, so the pattern changes at one of the molts (lose the old feathers, grow new feathers that may not look the same as the old ones.)

This is more common with some patterns than others.

Oh then it could be a partidge wyandotte or a mutt as none of the breeds they sell are ever accurate lol
Haha very true
Iā€™ll just have to wait and see thenā€¦..

Oddly enough I have two that look like golden laced and two that look like partridge patterned (but only time will tell lol)

Hopefully I got at least 2 pullets out of of the 4 I bought šŸ˜

@Poultrybonkers @NatJ @JedJackson
Okay folksā€¦.. My Wynadottes are about 9-10 weeks oldā€¦..
It looks like I might have 2-3 roos!šŸ«£
F0512000-6209-4D46-9128-F40DE84A76C2.jpeg
26F3E7FB-76B5-4DC3-9CAA-59DB5AEA0D8C.jpeg
96AE34D1-BA11-4146-B7A0-9B5B23C69A99.jpeg
EB38A817-D72D-421E-91EA-BEA18A0E8310.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom