some of my birds

Scarse as hens' teeth is an old wives tale and I have the bite marks to prove it too!

Beautiful birds...

My Leghorn cockerel Jerry was a sweetheart...you could carry him all over the place like he was a sack of potatoes.
My Leghorn hen Obelisk needs years and years of therapy.

Tony said:
My next pic post can be of my "attack wounds"...

gig.gif
clap.gif

Had supper tonight with a couple from our church. The funny thing is, the lady was showing me her "attack wounds" from her parrot! I think it's a great idea, but I'm NUTS!
lau.gif

Last edited:
Tony said:

My next pic post can be of my "attack wounds"...

Had supper tonight with a couple from our church. The funny thing is, the lady was showing me her "attack wounds" from her parrot! I think it's a great idea, but I'm NUTS!

yuckyuck.gif
, nice pics!​

Re: sweetshoplady- Agway Laying Hens - from grocery store eggs?

My local feedstore is called Agway, every year around early summer, they sell these chickens as 17 week old started pullets and say they will start laying in 3-4 weeks, well mine never do, they don`t start to lay till fall, but anyway, maybe I`m just "lucky" that way. lol
My grocery store eggs won`t hatch, trust me. as a kid I tried MANY times. lol. I eventually learned that a desk lamp stuffed into a drawer of my nightstand and a couple eggs out of the fridge and waiting an hour or so, does not yield any chicks. THOUGH, now that I`m older and I like to think, wiser. I MAY just try it again, maybe with TWO lamps and I`ll wait 2 hours instead. lol
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone. Tony

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom