Some one is stealing my eggs!!!!

Put a sign on the door that says the coop is under video surveillance and thieves will be prosecuted for stealing. They wont know if theres a camera, or where it is. If its a person, they'll run away. If its a critter, well, they wont.

yuckyuck.gif

I dont know if it would distress your hens but you could put a fake snake in a couple of the nests. It would certainly send a chill up the thiefs spine when he reached in the nest and may let him know you're on to him.

Here what your do. Pour alot of flour around the coop. If there is foorprints in it you know someones coming. if nofoorpronts and no eggs, chances are u have an egg eater

Cadbury rabbit:lol:
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

If it's really cold there (diabolical laugh) have the hose ready with the water turned on and drench the *&$#*

We grew up poor but would never, ever steal. We would offer to do odd jobs for eggs or fruit. What is wrong with people!

I hope DH is successful in his hunt. We'll be watching.

Last edited:
Well my DH will be home in a few hours for the day and DS is home sick and armed with a camera. I am going to rake the run so I will be able to see any foot prints. My girls live in a shed and there run is open, not covered. They are closed in at night but the run is just chain link fencing so there is no way to lock it up. (We are hoping to use part of our tax refund to make them a better more secure place to live) We have not had a problem with predators at all so far, and it is working out well, until now.

The thing that bothers me most is that whoever it is they know my car and apparently when I am home and what not. DH was on 24 hr duty last night and not home so I was a little freaked out being home without him. I have never felt like that living here before. I talked to my neighbors and they have seen and heard nothing. We only have really 2 neighbors next to our house. One right next door and one caddy corner behind us. to the other side and behind us are empty lots. Maybe putting to word out to the neighbors and some friends here in town (word travels fast in our tiny town) that we know it's happening will deter who ever it is. Seriously if your hungry come knock on my door, I'll give you some eggs. The little boy that lives across from the empty lot behind our house did tell my littlest daughter he saw some man in our yard. But, he would be in school all day, so I am really not putting any stock into that.

I had thought about it being an egg eater. But I am pretty sure that isnt the case. The other week I had a thin shelled egg that was cracked in the nest box and no one touched it. And when we are home and don't collect right away, the eggs are unharmed.

Oh and if it IS the Cadbury rabbit I am SO going to trap that thing and keep it!!! LOL!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom