Some one is stealing my eggs!!!!

That's just scary...and people are right, maybe put up a surveillance cam. The problem with stuff like this is that if they have no problem stealing things from your yard, there is really nothing stopping them from stealing stuff from your house too.

If you had somewhere you could place a fake ceramic egg where the chickens couldn't get to it but it would appear maybe one of them layed it "out of the way" you could coat it with CA (souped up super-glue) and he would be holding that egg for a *long* time. That way you might be able to catch him "egg handed" in town somewhere.
rant.gif

Ed

Well I just may be the biggest dork on the planet!!! It's not the neighbor kids as suspected. DH did the big stake out today and it appears we DO have an egg eater! But it's not one of my chickens or some slimy nieghbor! It's some giant crow!!!! I feel like such a goob! But so glad we don't have a creeper. Time to cover the run!!!!

Thanks for all of your support.

False alarm thank goodness.
hmm.png

Quote:
must be really smart to not come out much when youre home.....my grandpa always swore that they could count!

But they're not bad birds to have around, unless you're trying to grow corn
lol.png

I was hoping for the Cadbury Wabbit!!!!

Seriously...I'm glad it is a crow and not a creeper. Too scary. Whew.

3891_canecheride.gif

A CROW!!!!

This past summer, I go out to feed the animals, about 4pm. I get the egg out of the silkie coop. I put it on a ledge of the fence. I go in the other coop. I get the eggs. I come out and there's no egg there. So I just figure I thought I collected an egg, maybe it was yesterday. But wait, the next day, I collect an egg, put it on the ledge, and a crow comes down and takes it! They are very smart. And I am not crazy

This family of Crows goes through a couple dozen eggs a week - I cook lots of stuff that requires eggs in the recipe. At least it was a feathered fiend instead of one of my fellow family members, lol!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom