someone is being a naughty boy!

It seems like nobody has responded to this particular comment. Did you find the injury on him? Have you treated it? If he's bleeding that much you're not going to have a rooster left to worry about. If this has actually been a sudden change, and now you've found an injury, maybe just maybe, pain is causing aggression. Find and treat injury.
If it isn't that sudden, and he's been working up to it for weeks or months, I agree with the statements above.
But first, find the source of the blood.

no I didn't but I thing his other spur has gotten caught on something he would struggle every time I would try and to look like it hurt! but the aggression towards the hens was sudden and he seems to limp a little too.
hmm.png

It seems like nobody has responded to this particular comment. Did you find the injury on him? Have you treated it? If he's bleeding that much you're not going to have a rooster left to worry about. If this has actually been a sudden change, and now you've found an injury, maybe just maybe, pain is causing aggression. Find and treat injury.
If it isn't that sudden, and he's been working up to it for weeks or months, I agree with the statements above.
But first, find the source of the blood.

There didn't seem to be a point to respond to it. In the original post, it was stated that his behavior changed over a week ago. I doubt he's been bleeding unnoticed for a week. The blood, if it is his, is likely the result of his aggressive behavior, not the cause of it.

he is acting better now!he is letting the hens eat!
woot.gif
! he is waiting his turn for treats and not charging me as much! still work in progress but we're getting there!

I'm glad to hear he's getting better, but be prepared for his behavior to change at a moment's notice. Unless of course the root of his bad behavior was truly from an injury.
Hope your rooster becomes a really good one

It could be just the photograph or dirt or something, but ol' Oscar looks like he has some frostbite and some raised scales on his legs....both could be much soothed and healed up by using some castor oil massaged well into those areas a couple of times a month this winter. I'd check scales on your other birds for signs of scale mites as well. Getting eaten alive can make for a cranky chicken, as can the pain of frostbitten comb tips.

its dirt on the comb and I have no clue why but he lets the hens peck at is comb but your right....it could be his legs! what could I use to treat it?

its dirt on the comb and I have no clue why but he lets the hens peck at is comb but your right....it could be his legs! what could I use to treat it?

Nice thick, massaged in and under the scales coat of Castor Oil....can find it at any pharmacy cheap and it has amazing restorative powers for scales, hair, etc. as well as being a natural insecticide. Also works as an anti inflammatory, so it eases the inflamed tissues and the pain thereof.

Back
Top Bottom