Keni*Sue

Songster
10 Years
May 8, 2009
Campobello
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
i have a 4 month old bantam cohin roo that has lost all color in his face and skin, hes is loosing feathers and his craw is the size of a baseball. the craw feels squishy and not hard like it is full of feed maybe full of air or some type of fluid? i picked him up this mornin to bring him inside and as soon as he sat down he threw up this yellowish clear liquid. what could be the problem? i fed him some yogurt and crushed tostitos and since he ate hes been shaking his head. SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

Last edited:
Keni*Sue :

sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
i have a 4 month old bantam cohin roo that has lost all color in his face and skin, hes is loosing feathers and his craw is the size of a baseball. the craw feels squishy and not hard like it is full of feed maybe full of air or some type of fluid? i picked him up this mornin to bring him inside and as soon as he sat down he threw up this yellowish clear liquid. what could be the problem? i fed him some yogurt and crushed tostitos and since he ate hes been shaking his head. SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

Sounds like impacted crop or sour crop! Do a search on those words--he needs help right away. Don't feed him anymore right now. I would separate him from food and water for awhile, drip a couple squirts of olov oil down his throat, massage his crop in a downward stroke--like you are trying to empty it and do this every 30 minutes to an hour until his crop is completely cleared. If it's sour crop, Apple Cider Vinegar down the throat I believe helps with that, but do your research! Good luck!​

Back
Top Bottom