Sonja's Violeta

George,you have my e-mail addy,e-mail to me and I'll post them for you tomorrow night,,wish they were here at the Palace this spring but with my moms heart issues down south,next season I will have that trio here.

Sonja's Violeta peacock is big pile of it. There is no such thing. That is why no one has seen a photo of it that looks like anything other than an India Blue. Asking what the Violeta looks like is like asking what a giant pigmy looks like. It looks like everybody else.

PeacockMan,,this is not Facebook and since I was never on your so called "Friends" list,,it's kinda hard for you to "unfriend" me now isn't it? How's that workin out for ya? Your statements made to me about Violetta's in our PM conversation the past few days, compared to the writings you have posted here tells me a lot.

Give credit where credit is due.George Conners started the UPA and was president. He was promoting peafowl in an ethical manner decades ago. Because of his breeding of two birds a new color was created. Granted it may be luck and the chances for anyone to breed two birds together and get something completely new is very slim. Owning hundreds of birds does increase these already slim odds but the fact remains very few of us will ever rise to the level "creating" a new variation of genetics. You Peacockman and myself fall into this catagory, plain and simple. Along with hundreds,if not thousands of other Peafowl keepers. I can "cope" with this shortfall in several ways.

Out of jealousy I could de-fame those that have forged ahead and surpassed my abilities. Or out of admiration I can recognize their accomplishments and encourage others by helping to promote what I am envious of. And if the oppurtunity presents itself, buy what I am envious of myself so I can admire it at my leisure.

Your quote above has now been responded to with pictures side by side of the Violetta and an Midnight B/S. All was taken outside in full sunlite and some pictures has both peacocks with just a fence seperating both. And no, I'm sorry to break it to ya but the Violetta does not resemble a giant pygmy. And one other distinguishing aspect of character my daughter has pointed out to me on this (she's studying for a Masters degree in phsycology) Constant internet posts in reference to gaining wanted popularity by telling others to "Like me on Facebook" reveals a longing for social acceptance that has not yet or will never be achieved. Public outcry's for popularity reveals the need for social acceptance on a level that will rarely be achieved by few, barring Hollywood movie stars and Political figures.

Suck it up buttercup. Accept facts and the photographs presented as the proof you say didn't exist. And as much as I hate to say this, go to the UPA website and look at the accepted colors. And what I'm really,really wanting to say cannot be posted here.See ya on FB.

Frenchy why you let this bother you? We all know the truth, he can have his opinion even if he was very rude when he made such a statement, i think he likes to stir the pot and you are letting him

Zaz, for someone to discredit a breeder who has done so much for peafowl over the years is kinda like a splinter,,pain at times until it's removed. And I don't mind being the tweezers or needle nose pliers to remove that "pain". George is someone next on my very short list of people I would kill 15 hours of driving to spend an afternoon with talking peas.

Zaz, for someone to discredit a breeder who has done so much for peafowl over the years is kinda like a splinter,,pain at times until it's removed. And I don't mind being the tweezers or needle nose pliers to remove that "pain". George is someone next on my very short list of people I would kill 15 hours of driving to spend an afternoon with talking peas.
Frenchy some folks are just like that
, George has the proof in the pudding UPA approved like Dany stated , besides that statment was made almost a year ago, i think he got the hint.

Way to go, FBC! I friended this guy after being pestered on FB until I realized who he was! Btw, this is Sharon Shirley from FB who forgot her ID and password and has been lurking ever since! Finally got it corrected just so I could post this!

FOWLEDPEAS,, You were asking about pen building advice on FB? And you mentioned you was a lurker here? Yes,my memory is still there. I've tracked some of his advice to others and more times than not he's throwing them under the bus. If everyone first checked him out he wouldn't have any friends. Don't know about you,but I don't need his advice for anything AND CAN functioning without his "Like" on FB. He wants status and internet friends,so he must not be able to have that anywhere else like at home?

Back
Top Bottom