Sound proof rooster box

sunkistjunebug

Hatching
9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
Hi All,

So, after tiring of waking up to my regular as clock work 5am crowing rooster, I decided to make him a sound proof (or at least sound dampening) box. I wrapped formaldehyde free fiberglass around a box, and then covered that with another box. I made a little perch that I could put inside of it. Then I simply put the rooster on the perch, and the box over him. I prop up a corner with a marker to let a little air in. It works great.

But, now I'm reading that ammonia buildup from poo can trash a chicken's lungs. I was thinking about buying a little fan that I could point at the corner of the box that's propped up, to circulate the air around my rooster.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I ADORE my little guy and don't want to harm him.

FYI, my rooster is having to stay inside right now because he was a December baby. I've tried just cooping him up in closets at night, but my house transmits sound VERY well--so I need something better. Plus, he's a Serama, and my understanding is that he'll need to be brought in on nights below about 40F degrees, anyway.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom