South Carolina

OK - Best of variety is good. My goal is to get Best of Breed.

Champion featherleg in one show was a Buff Brahma
Champion featherleg in the other one was a White Silkie roo

Reserve Show Champion in one of the shows was also the same white Silkie roo ( he took best in breed for that show too!)

I met some BYCers yesterday......... But I am not good with names - I know one of them was Lisa, and I have forgotten the others.

Gil (my splash roo) got a lot of attention yesterday from spectators. Nicole has always called him Mr Personality, and he was being all pretty for everyone that spoke to him, well when he was not staring at the wall. Right above his cage, a kid had written What U lookin at? ... I thought it was rather funny to see my roo looking at it and standing there staring at it some...he cannot read!

gig.gif
Silly bird.

I took one of my silver partridge - 3rd generation - but not sure if Nicole was able to get a picture of him well enough to see his slight red or not. I will check pics out later.

Maybe someone got some yesterday & will share!

Quote:
BOB!!!! You go, girl! I want it for you very much!
ya.gif

Ha! I bet Nicole taught Gil how to read. You know her, always doing something to knock our socks off.
big_smile.png

That sign is too funny. I guess he was showing everyone how handsome he is and was preening for them and talking to them, begging for some treats and more girlfriends.

I know you had a blast yesterday and am so glad you all got there and back safely.

Quote:
I actually didn't make it home til this morning.....we stopped for food after your place and didn't get back to my friends until nearly midnight. And then by the time I went shopping in her rabbitry it was even later! LOL. Got a FANTASTIC OMG new black buck, left my really nice black doe there to be bred to one of her best bucks....and picked up 4 babies that need pet homes. I am going to take them with me to a chicken show on 12/17. They aren't anywhere near as sweet as Zippity, but will be cute as a button.

How do you like the overmottled hen and cockerel? I think he is a late May or early June hatch....she is a hen not a pullet, but I think this is her first big molt. Not actually sure who she is, to be honest! LOL. Darn hens all molted and now look different. Should have banded them!

Oh Lord one of my 6week old d'Uccles that lives in the house....has started to try to CROW....WHAT??? isn't this a little early? He's not quite got the hang of it yet, but he practices a lot in the morning......Gonna be a Long Looud Winter....

Quote:
Thanks for the post! I was wondering how it went/what it included/what it involved....but it is an expense right here at X-mas time and I didn't have much forewarning/planning time! LOL...If you do host one in the spring and I get at least 4 weeks notice...I WILL be there! ( I have to budget like everyone else and do not get paid weekly! lol) I had just heard of this session the first of this week and played with the idea of going but honestly JUST couldn't afford it...Now you have me a little bit regretting not being there BUT looking forward to sharing the experience with you as hosting!!!
droolin.gif
THANKS for sharing and!!!Tell more!!!

come spring would be better for me if you do host one. the time of year makes a big financial difference to me.. I would love to go and learn more..

)O( Pink

Quote:
You were like a kid in a candy store, I bet. If the black looks anything close to the one you showed me last night I know you are out of your mind in love with it. Beautiful!
Too cool about leaving your girl for breeding. So now you will have more on the way so you can show the kids in the spring.
Which show is on 12/17? Is it in TN?

I totally LOVE the Mottleds!
ya.gif

I had them out messing with them this morning and again this afternoon to show Terry. He likes them very much too but isn't the connoisseur of fine Mottleds like I am.
lol.png
The little fella was a bit of a snot but we had words and he sees things my way now.
Cowboy, of course, was held and petted and promised some ladies as soon as I arrange a breeding pen for him again.
And the hen is going in with so many different roos she had better lay well! Bless her heart, I think she didn't like our talk today. All those plans made her head spin.
I love their coloring and are just what I need for my breeding plans. I hope to have you some nice ones for your pens next year, too.

Quote:
That would be awesome. She would do very well with both.
I would love to work on my Runners to take to shows but need to get more organized. There is a great article on the APA website about Runners. One of the few helpful articles you can find on showing anything specific.

Back
Top Bottom