South Carolina

Hi all. I'm new here, in the SC Lowcountry area, specifically Early Branch. I've got 10 guineas, 3 big chickens and one yellow bantam hen that my 6 year old fell in love with. Plus a dog, 2 donkeys and 2 mini cows. And some semi-wild mallards.
Welcome,

I'm currently in Austin, Tx but planning to re-locate to the lowcountry, my daughter lives in Beaufort. Currently looking for a couple of acres to buy. Was thinking about the Pointe South area.

Hi all. I'm new here, in the SC Lowcountry area, specifically Early Branch. I've got 10 guineas, 3 big chickens and one yellow bantam hen that my 6 year old fell in love with. Plus a dog, 2 donkeys and 2 mini cows. And some semi-wild mallards.

Great to see you here, Melissa! You will find a few people here that are in your area other than Heidi (RedBugPoultry). This is a fun thread with a lot of nice people on it.

Welcome!! We are in the Charleston area and just starting up with our coop. There seem to be a lot of people in this area, and Beaufort, it wonderful!

I am looking to add to my little flock soon and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get some chicks locally?? I wanted to get Easter Eggers and Marans and any good laying chicks that are sweet and all females. Right now I have 2 barred rock roosters, 1 dominique rooster and 1 barred rock pullet all 19wks old and 2 Austrolorps & 2 Production Red pullets all 14 wks.

Also I am looking for a good home for 2 of my roosters since they were supposed to be females. Anyone need any??
big_smile.png

Thanks!!

Wanting to place a my pet chicken order. We are in Charleston, and looking to get birds at end of Feb/early March. We have a friend that might take 5 and we want 5. We were wondering if any one else wants in on the order?? PM me if you are interested.

Roos!! What do you guys do with the extra's? I just can't eat them... I am new to chickens and I have them as pets. Right now they are one month old and I will wait until they are def. crowing and not laying~ then I need an option. Any ideas? Thank you!

Roos!! What do you guys do with the extra's? I just can't eat them... I am new to chickens and I have them as pets. Right now they are one month old and I will wait until they are def. crowing and not laying~ then I need an option. Any ideas? Thank you!
I'm in the Same Boat....I love to hatch eggs but I hate the roo factor. I did have three processed, but didn't eat them. So far I've been lucky to rehome or sell the rest. My dad has a coworker whos sister has a farm and she takes lots of my extra roos, Now in my mind they run free and live long happy lives. Reality I don't wanna know......So to help ask around, then ask around some more and maybe you'll find someone who wants them. I ask everybody "You need a Rooster" "It's real Purdy"!

Welcome,

I'm currently in Austin, Tx but planning to re-locate to the lowcountry, my daughter lives in Beaufort. Currently looking for a couple of acres to buy. Was thinking about the Pointe South area.
Welcome,

We would be neighbors for sure! Point South is only 15 minutes or so from where I live.

Poor roosters ... they are so unwanted! I have 3 and maybe one more that is inconclusive--I keep thinking Why do I have 3? See if I have roosters then that means my eggs are fertile and I can incubate them---now this might seem an innocent statement but in truth this is a very dangerous thing!!! lol!

Back
Top Bottom