South Carolina

I don't say much on here anymore but wanted to share my little cuties! I mentioned on here a little while back that we lost our BB red OEGB rooster (we think to a hawk but are unsure). Needless to say my bantams stay in their coop now...but as soon as he went missing I snatched the few eggs the girls had in their nest and put them in the incubator. They only had 5 eggs and I had doubts of any hatching because we had several very cold nights. One of the eggs I had to throw out because it was actually frozen and had cracked. Luckily I had 3 hatch early this week! I'm so excited. Hopefully one of them will be a little rooster and we'll have the son of our beloved "Duke."

In other exciting news, my call ducks have started laying. They tried to hide the eggs from me but I found them behind a hay bale! I plan on trying to incubate them once they lay a few more...but who knows how that will go as call duck eggs are difficult to incubate. I usually stick them under a broody but don't have any right now
sad.png
. And last but not least, I'm going to GA tomorrow to get a millie fleur D'Anver cockeral. I love love love the breed and had a bad run of luck with the trio I previously had and lost them all. This little guy is going to live with my OEGB hens for the time being until I can find some girls for him or just get some eggs to hatch. YAY!

Hello! Is anyone going to the Barnwell show tomorrow? We just found out about it and are so excited to attend. It will be our first one! My 11 year old daughter is going to show a couple of the birds she got from Red Bug Poultry, we are excited to see how she does.

I don't say much on here anymore but wanted to share my little cuties! I mentioned on here a little while back that we lost our BB red OEGB rooster (we think to a hawk but are unsure). Needless to say my bantams stay in their coop now...but as soon as he went missing I snatched the few eggs the girls had in their nest and put them in the incubator. They only had 5 eggs and I had doubts of any hatching because we had several very cold nights. One of the eggs I had to throw out because it was actually frozen and had cracked. Luckily I had 3 hatch early this week! I'm so excited. Hopefully one of them will be a little rooster and we'll have the son of our beloved "Duke."

In other exciting news, my call ducks have started laying. They tried to hide the eggs from me but I found them behind a hay bale! I plan on trying to incubate them once they lay a few more...but who knows how that will go as call duck eggs are difficult to incubate. I usually stick them under a broody but don't have any right now
sad.png
. And last but not least, I'm going to GA tomorrow to get a millie fleur D'Anver cockeral. I love love love the breed and had a bad run of luck with the trio I previously had and lost them all. This little guy is going to live with my OEGB hens for the time being until I can find some girls for him or just get some eggs to hatch. YAY!
Lauren, Are you getting him from Cyn (speckledhen)? If you need a pullet let me know I am sure I have some here. My d'anver numbers are really increasing and will be taking them to a swap next time I go.

Lauren, Are you getting him from Cyn (speckledhen)? If you need a pullet let me know I am sure I have some here. My d'anver numbers are really increasing and will be taking them to a swap next time I go.
Yes I am! And yes yes yes I would LOVE a pullet!!! Pretty sure you just made my day! Let me know what you have extra :)

Yes I am! And yes yes yes I would LOVE a pullet!!! Pretty sure you just made my day! Let me know what you have extra :)
Lauren I know I can help you out. I have 8 older ones, and 5 young ones.These are all girls the 5 young ones are more then likely split to lavander. We have several in the incubator too. So just let me know what you want and we can make it happen.

I am sure I can let go of at least 2 maybe 3 of the young ones, maybe able to do 1 of my older ones too. I have 2 in th ehouse still not sure on sex, but 1 is a porcelain and I think is a cockeral, the other is millie and I dont know what sex. IF these are both boys then I will want to keep a pullet for each of them at this point as I will have to sell them and its easier to move them as a pair.

Lauren I know I can help you out. I have 8 older ones, and 5 young ones.These are all girls the 5 young ones are more then likely split to lavander. We have several in the incubator too. So just let me know what you want and we can make it happen.

I am sure I can let go of at least 2 maybe 3 of the young ones, maybe able to do 1 of my older ones too. I have 2 in th ehouse still not sure on sex, but 1 is a porcelain and I think is a cockeral, the other is millie and I dont know what sex. IF these are both boys then I will want to keep a pullet for each of them at this point as I will have to sell them and its easier to move them as a pair.
I'd love to get 2 if possible. How young are the younger ones and are those all mille fleur? I really appreciate it!

the young were born 12/15 & 1/6. they are all millies. I have 2 goldnecks that I wont part with. all of them are either sired by my procelain roo or goldneck roo. They are not seperate. The porcelain is the dominate, so I expect they are all split to lavander.

the young were born 12/15 & 1/6. they are all millies. I have 2 goldnecks that I wont part with. all of them are either sired by my procelain roo or goldneck roo. They are not seperate. The porcelain is the dominate, so I expect they are all split to lavander.
awesome :) I'm so excited!

Hello! Is anyone going to the Barnwell show tomorrow? We just found out about it and are so excited to attend. It will be our first one! My 11 year old daughter is going to show a couple of the birds she got from Red Bug Poultry, we are excited to see how she does.

Wish I had heard of it before now; that sounds like fun to watch. Unfortunately I made alternate plans. :( Best of luck to your daughter!

I was going to go again since I took Reserve Champion in Show there back in Dec. but we are still working on the peafowl pens and are going to take the opportunity of the beautiful weather to try and get the roof on them. I am so ready to get everyone home!

Maybe I will make the Forsyth show in 2 weeks. Not to show but just commune with friends and learn more about everyone that loves the birds! My birds are laying like mad right now and I set every egg they produce or sell them for hatching. Showing throws them off.

Back
Top Bottom