South Carolina

I mean keep!
th.gif

Both my Pekins are broody.
hmm.png

I mean keep!
th.gif
I have broody Runners and Calls...my one Pekin is not broody! And I have the same typo issues a lot!! LOL Right now I am working on thinning down my Bantam breeds and adding new colors of call ducks and turkeys...really excited about the new color turkey I have planned but not telling until they are here for sure which may be a couple months =) I have been so busy I kinda got away from BYC but so many projects and changes going on will be a good thing in the end...last year we hosted a BYC friends cookout...hoping to do another soon if I can finish a couple things up before it gets to hot...may end up being a fall event here instead though!!

Arggg, I am frustrated! One of my buffs went broody; big time defending her clutch of unfertilized eggs from the evil invader (me). So I gathered up the only fertile eggs I have, guinea eggs, made her a nest in a separate pen and gave her the few eggs I had. At Chickenstock today I bought some additional guinea eggs including a few colors I've been wanting. Get home and the hen is not setting and really only seems interested in getting back to the flock. And my incubator is full of my own guinea eggs, half 2 weeks along, half one week. What to do, what to do??? I do have a LG still air I use as a hatcher... maybe transfer 12 of my eggs to it and put the 12 purchased eggs in my brinsea if she's not on the nest in the morning. Any other, better suggestions??

On a plus note, the 4 turkey poults my friend got from Kris and Robert H are all settled in the brooder with my single guinea and my friends royal palm poult for the time being. I enjoyed meeting y'all and appreciate y'alls hospitality. Rest assured your babies are doing well!

Start up the still air. When the first lock down day comes, rotate from still air to bator, and move hatching eggs to still air hatcher.

Glad the turkeys are doing well

RobertH

Last edited:
Broody Broody Broody Being a Mother.
Anya hatched out only two babies(well three but one was killed as it hatched)...Crazy girl got on the wrong nest of eggs and I think damaged the others.
But she has two babies and just happy to care for those.

And now Cotton has gone broody and has 5d'Uccles eggs under her. First time broody so if she keeps it up , first time mother.

Arggg, I am frustrated! One of my buffs went broody; big time defending her clutch of unfertilized eggs from the evil invader (me). So I gathered up the only fertile eggs I have, guinea eggs, made her a nest in a separate pen and gave her the few eggs I had. At Chickenstock today I bought some additional guinea eggs including a few colors I've been wanting. Get home and the hen is not setting and really only seems interested in getting back to the flock. And my incubator is full of my own guinea eggs, half 2 weeks along, half one week. What to do, what to do??? I do have a LG still air I use as a hatcher... maybe transfer 12 of my eggs to it and put the 12 purchased eggs in my brinsea if she's not on the nest in the morning. Any other, better suggestions??

On a plus note, the 4 turkey poults my friend got from Kris and Robert H are all settled in the brooder with my single guinea and my friends royal palm poult for the time being. I enjoyed meeting y'all and appreciate y'alls hospitality. Rest assured your babies are doing well!
One of My buffs went broody yesterday too!! I have brought 5 new chickens into the coop in the last week though so I was wondering if it was that. was very happy to see her out of the coop this morning though and snatched the egg right up!

Back
Top Bottom