South Carolina

Hi everyone! This thread continues to grow! There aren't many of us "old timers" that keep coming back it doesn't seem but I try to pop in every once and a while.

Anyone that is local or wants to come to a swap up above Spartanburg just over the state line in NC can let me know and I will PM them a flyer or post the address. It is August 23 from 8 to noon.
I am going to try and make it, though I have very little to sell right now. But it is always fun and the people are great. It is under huge oak trees, there is water for your birds, they provide canopys and tables and the view on top of the mountain is gorgeous!
I seldom miss one of these as I like all the people that come there and meet new friends.
There will also be a huge swap in Lincolnton NC in Sept. I think a thread has been started for it over in the "Chickenstocks, Shows and Meet ups" area.
If you can't get to it just let me know and I will provide a link or guide you around the community.

Welcome to all the newbies! Glad to see you here!

Hi everyone! This thread continues to grow! There aren't many of us "old timers" that keep coming back it doesn't seem but I try to pop in every once and a while.

Anyone that is local or wants to come to a swap up above Spartanburg just over the state line in NC can let me know and I will PM them a flyer or post the address. It is August 23 from 8 to noon.
I am going to try and make it, though I have very little to sell right now. But it is always fun and the people are great. It is under huge oak trees, there is water for your birds, they provide canopys and tables and the view on top of the mountain is gorgeous!
I seldom miss one of these as I like all the people that come there and meet new friends.
There will also be a huge swap in Lincolnton NC in Sept. I think a thread has been started for it over in the "Chickenstocks, Shows and Meet ups" area.
If you can't get to it just let me know and I will provide a link or guide you around the community.

Welcome to all the newbies! Glad to see you here!

I would love to attend the swap near Spartanburg, if for no other reason than to observe and learn.
I wish I had room to actually pick up a few, but until I offload some silkie roosters I don't dare.

Another at the MillSpring ag center, Amy? I will probably go again. I really need to downsize. Though, when I went there in June, I just sold one and bought one, lol.

I would love to have you pm a flyer to me with the address and any requirements. I have a few lavender, black and blue Ameraucana roos and a cuckoo silkie pair or two I would like to sell or trade for! Elizabeth

Hi all I'm having trouble with my hens pulling tail feathers out of my rooster. He is new in the coop with 2 , 2 year old hens. He's probably 5 months old and is being hen pecked. I've read of a spray to stop this, but will those feathers grow back. They aren't crowded at all maybe bored :( .

I used the blue kote spray on my girls backs when they had bare spots from Moulting,rooster damage or pecking orders. Bought them like that. After about a month I now see festhers starting back !! Do have apply spray every few days .

Hi all I'm having trouble with my hens pulling tail feathers out of my rooster. He is new in the coop with 2 , 2 year old hens. He's probably 5 months old and is being hen pecked. I've read of a spray to stop this, but will those feathers grow back. They aren't crowded at all maybe bored
sad.png
It's a pecking order thing. The rooster will prevail in the end and his feathers will grow back. Then you'll be wanting to know why the hens are missing the feathers on their back?
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom