South Carolina

Lots of history, too. I think it rivals Charleston historically. If I've got my facts straight, the oldest Spanish settlements were in Beaufort not St. Augustine.

There are some really cool old churches and forts down there. My favorite is the old fort at Land's End, and yes, I have seen the "Land's End Ghost"
old.gif

Go across Lady's Island onto St. Helena. There's a little town called Frogmore with an intersection at a gas station. Take a right and drive until you hit the river

Okay, I know where you are talking about. My folks first took me there not too long after we moved to SC. Camped at Hunting Island and later rented cabins. Almost all the cabins are gone due to beach erosion. Need to talk my wife into vacationing there more often so we can explore.

Ahh, but we lost our fishing boat and all our tackle in Hurricane Ike and haven't been fishing since we left Texas :(

SC fishing is similar to Texas. The biggest differences I noticed in Texas were how flat the terrain is, and nowhere near the oyster banks to deal with. Oyster banks are a good thing here, though. If you don't catch any fish, just leave before the tide comes in, grab a few buckets of oysters, and you can still have seafood for dinner
thumbsup.gif

SC fishing is similar to Texas. The biggest differences I noticed in Texas were how flat the terrain is, and nowhere near the oyster banks to deal with. Oyster banks are a good thing here, though. If you don't catch any fish, just leave before the tide comes in, grab a few buckets of oysters, and you can still have seafood for dinner :thumbsup

Almost all of the sport fish here lay on top of the oysters and feed on the smaller fish when the tide changes and causes the disturbances. Flounder like to lay on them with their tails to the shore almost out of the water and wait on the unsuspected gig head. I mean pin fish. :lol::lol:;)

Back
Top Bottom