South Carolina

Quote:
Bummer! I had wondered what the results was with the auction. I broke down and bought some eggs from Eugene. I have had really bad results with their silkie eggs but I do not think it is their fault as much as the post office. They pack the eggs really well and are really nice people to work with. Their Dominique picture is really bad on the auction but I think the man has pretty nice birds in other breeds so we will see--that is if I can hatch any. With Christmas packages in the mail system I do not know how these eggs will make it but we will see. I do know that Eugene's birds are not laying real well right now. I may try some more from KY in the future--after Christmas.

I put my 2 Dominique chicks out in the big brooder hutch today. Hopefully it is not too soon and they will be warm enough. The little game chicks are with them and they are not huddling together so they should be fine. If it gets really cold they can go back into the shop for the night but I think fresh air is good for them. I love the rose combs on the little guys. You can already see the little tip even at this young age.
love.gif

Eugene, who?!?
hmm.png
idunno.gif

Jackie B. :

Sorry I've been MIA. First trimester is less than fun. Sad to say That roaming got the best of Midas and he escaped the fence and got hit and killed by a car. DH is devastated and I'm really sad too.

not a good week for Midas's..

I have a student that the first trimester is kicking her butt too.. she just cant get past the fatigue.. get lots of rest and feel better Jackie...

)O( Pink​

Amy Nadine... Do you have any of Bo's boys left at all.. Id like to buy one for my mom for Christmas, she really misses him. if not I may have to give her and IOU and have you put me on the list for one of his spring boys..

)O(
Pink

Jackie B. :

Quote:
Jackie, we need to get him a coral blue hen! We will work on that in 2012!

How are you feeling!! Are you able to eat? What stuff are craving? I soo loved Mexican food when I was pregnant!

I know!!! He hangs out with his roral purple lady friend and they carry on all day together, much to the annoyment of the chickens.

Well, I'm 11 weeks today, ultrasound next week! I got sick at the movies on Sunday (random), and apaprently my signature pregnancy move is to yak in the front yard. So classy. I'm craving milk!!!! And ginger salad dressing. And Publix subs. And I can't eat eggs right now!!! I'm totally grossed out by the texture. So weird.

I had a dream that I coudl see my baby at 6 months old and she had on little white tights and a red dress and was playin with blocks on the living room floor. Of course she was the most beautiful child I have ever seen in my life
smile.png
.​

So do you think it will be a girl? I had a dream before I knew Lydia was going to be a girl too. It will be fun to see if you are right! It was so amazing to me when Lydia was born, I did not think I could love anything so much of think something could be so beautiful. Of course she is in her terrible twos right now but I keep telling myself it is all good! And it is!! Enjoy this time tough and get all you sleep you can because in about 8 more months you will not sleep for a long time!

Jackie B. :

Quote:
Jackie, we need to get him a coral blue hen! We will work on that in 2012!

How are you feeling!! Are you able to eat? What stuff are craving? I soo loved Mexican food when I was pregnant!

I know!!! He hangs out with his roral purple lady friend and they carry on all day together, much to the annoyment of the chickens.

Well, I'm 11 weeks today, ultrasound next week! I got sick at the movies on Sunday (random), and apaprently my signature pregnancy move is to yak in the front yard. So classy. I'm craving milk!!!! And ginger salad dressing. And Publix subs. And I can't eat eggs right now!!! I'm totally grossed out by the texture. So weird.

I had a dream that I coudl see my baby at 6 months old and she had on little white tights and a red dress and was playin with blocks on the living room floor. Of course she was the most beautiful child I have ever seen in my life
smile.png
.​

I loved being pregnant! That would be awesome if your dream comes true. Will you find out the sex when it's time? We did with one but not the other.

Quote:
Bummer! I had wondered what the results was with the auction. I broke down and bought some eggs from Eugene. I have had really bad results with their silkie eggs but I do not think it is their fault as much as the post office. They pack the eggs really well and are really nice people to work with. Their Dominique picture is really bad on the auction but I think the man has pretty nice birds in other breeds so we will see--that is if I can hatch any. With Christmas packages in the mail system I do not know how these eggs will make it but we will see. I do know that Eugene's birds are not laying real well right now. I may try some more from KY in the future--after Christmas.

I put my 2 Dominique chicks out in the big brooder hutch today. Hopefully it is not too soon and they will be warm enough. The little game chicks are with them and they are not huddling together so they should be fine. If it gets really cold they can go back into the shop for the night but I think fresh air is good for them. I love the rose combs on the little guys. You can already see the little tip even at this young age.
love.gif

Eugene, who?!?
hmm.png
idunno.gif

He is the other seller of Dominique eggs on eBay. I have purchased eggs of other breeds from him and thought I would try some of his Dominique eggs. His bird are not laying real good right now though so his auctions are few and far between.

Quote:
Looks like molting bird feathers to me. I find clumps like that in my big coop but only clean it out twice a year so mine can accumulate for quite a while before I see this.
Up your protein and you may see an improvement. One bird should only take 2-3 weeks to molt and then back to normal.

Quote:

smile.png

I loved being pregnant! That would be awesome if your dream comes true. Will you find out the sex when it's time? We did with one but not the other.

Oh yes I am a planner! You can go to the 3D/4D place here in town at 14 weeks. If they can't see it at 14 weeks, you can keep going back for free til they see (or don't see) something.

We're headed to Iowa for the holidays and none of my mom's side of the family knows so it should be a rowdy christmas with 30 people!!!

Back
Top Bottom