SouthEast Michigan: Where can you raise chickens and where can you not

Your information about Chesterfield is unfortunately incorrect. This is the current ordinance that has been in effect since 1996. We can pretty much only have cats and dogs. No livestock, no chickens unfortunately.
Ord. No. 110, § 3.02, eff. 11-1-1996]

No animals, livestock or poultry of any kind shall be raised, bred or kept on any residentially zoned or used property, except that nonvicious dogs, cats or other household pets may be kept, provided they are not kept, bred or maintained for any commercial purposes.

I had chickens in Livonia in a brand new 10' x 10' shed with an attached run and the city inspector made me remove the chickens. He even complimented me on our nice the coop was, but gave me thirty days to remove it. this happened in 2013

Hey y'all we just bought a house don't even know the neighbors yet and we bought 15 chicks. . I'm scared but we live in Clarkston off a main road sashabaw by Waterford on a half acre. :/

Do you only have to "say" your practicing GAAMP's or is there any documentation you have to have?

Back
Top Bottom