Spaulding peahen lays her first eggs

Thanks for your feedback, really appreciate it. Actually , I'm ready to divorce mine - because they're still inside !! LOL
lau.gif
They'll be ready to go outside next month. Their perches are wide , just like you said.for their feet to stay warm. Their shed will also be insulated too. Its really coming out very pretty. I told my husband if I'm going to have a monster structure in my yard, it better be pretty. So I found more of a "pergola" type look and its looking great. We have 1 x 2" 14 gauge vinyl coated wire so its really the strongest you can find around here to keep predators out. We even have it as a bottom layer , way underneath. Do you prefer straw over pine shavings for bedding ? I was told shavings. Now all I have to find is a heated water bucket for next winter and I'm set. Again, thanks for your help here.. Love this site . I found Mindy (@DylansMom ) here a little over 2 years ago. She was my mentor. She invited us over and gave me her Spaulding (Jackie) chick for my BS - same age. Both hatched very late Sept so we had a lot in common .Below is Ari.. He's a riot and I swear he has a split personality. Should have called him Jekyl & Hyde...

I may have to consider something like that in the future right now they own the back half of my garage that opens to a pen outside during the summer except Kevin he goes free range and uses the garage when he gets scared, a couple nights last summer we had a run in with some coons that may not be around anymore and after that he spent every night in the garage instead of the big pine trees or my chimney.

Back
Top Bottom