Speckled sussex help

labelcherky

Chirping
Sep 10, 2015
I hatched these four from what was supposed to be speckled sussex eggs. Two of them don't look pure to me. I'm thinking maybe SS x GLW? One is clearly roo. Do you agree that they look like crosses?

I think of the two that do look like speckled suusex, I have a pair, labeled SS pullet and SS roo. Not 100% sure on the cockeral as its comb isn't very red.

Any opinion would be greatly appreciated!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/users/labelcherky.378853/albums

Last edited:
20171222_172339.jpg
cockerel ^
1208310-d592f2c4b41a0b64dac8fc0e14ea1373.jpg

pullet ^

In the 1st picture I see the back half of one chick that looks like a Sussex. The chick in center front is a rooster crossbreed. The 2 chicks in the background have combs that remind me of Cornish. The second picture is a pullet with the face of an SS but the coloring of a partridge Wyandotte maybe? Probably all of them are from an SS hen's eggs but fertilized by a different rooster. I suspect it could have been 2 different roosters.
:idunno

Thank you for the response. I contacted the person I got the eggs from and she has only one rooster, a speckled sussex. She has gold laced Wyandotte hens too, so they must be speckled sussex roo over GLW hens. Mystery solved. Thanks again!

I can see the Golden Laced Wyandotte in the chicks. I have a 7 year old rooster that is GLW. He has been a wonderful leader for my 50+ birds. Your chicks should have an easy going nature and the hens should be good producers of eggs. ;)

Back
Top Bottom